The Student Room Group

Low ukcat, urgent help!! 3 choices

Hey guys, i got 2550 on my ukcat, which isnt so good,

my three choices are leeds, sheffield and nottingham,

which one do i have the best chances to get into? (i have 5A's at AS, and 8A*1A1B at igcse)

PLEASE HELP!!!
Original post by kinglynx
Hey guys, i got 2550 on my ukcat, which isnt so good,

my three choices are leeds, sheffield and nottingham,

which one do i have the best chances to get into? (i have 5A's at AS, and 8A*1A1B at igcse)

PLEASE HELP!!!

Shefield have dropped their high UKCAT requirement for 2013 this is now 600, ottingham use the individual scores for each section of the UKCAT - and providing you have above 600 in each section you should be OK, not to sure about leeds
Reply 2
Original post by wanabee medic
Shefield have dropped their high UKCAT requirement for 2013 this is now 600, ottingham use the individual scores for each section of the UKCAT - and providing you have above 600 in each section you should be OK, not to sure about leeds

Hmmm well thats the thing i dont :/

QR- 830
AR - 670
VR - 550
DA - 480

So should i rule out nottingham then?
Reply 3
i dont know which ones, but some medical schools only use the ukcat in borderline cases they're not sure whether to accept or not. you should research which ones because your grades are decent.
Reply 4
Original post by Storme
i dont know which ones, but some medical schools only use the ukcat in borderline cases they're not sure whether to accept or not. you should research which ones because your grades are decent.

Hmm any idea where i could find out some more information on this? TSR is very vague on its guides and the universities websites dont help much either!!! :angry:
Reply 5
I would check with individual med schools - some will have a cut off where if you don't reach it you're automatically rejected, some use it as a final decider, so if the rest of your application is good it might not affect you as much and some, like Liverpool don't even look at UKCAT

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
My friend applied last year with a pretty low score, and got places at Liverpool, Cardiff and Keele if that's any use to you.
Reply 7
Hmm thanks for the information guys :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending