The Student Room Group

Politics or History A level

im having a hard time choosing between history and politics. history i know i will enjoy because i did enjoy at GCSE. for the exams i got A but for coursework i got D which brought my grade to a B. im afraid that i will do bad on coursework again. i am interested in politics, it doesnt have coursework(good for me as im better at exams) and it was my initial choice. friends say i should pick politics as i am that kind of person. i am taking physics, psychology and philosophy. im planning to take a social sciences or humanities course at university. i dont want to give up any of these subjects to take both politics and history. so its either history or politics. i know history is more respected however i heard its a heavy workload. i already have 3 demanding subjects, i dont want to overload. so, history or politics?
Reply 1
If you like politics and are better at exams then go for it. It will have less of a workload than history and it is better to do something you're interested in.
Reply 2
If you like them both equally, then History, as it is considered a 'hard' subject. I'm not going to comment on whether i personally think it is, or whether it is more demanding than politics, but looking at it from a universities perspective, i'd recommend history.
Reply 3
Original post by PoeticShoaib
im having a hard time choosing between history and politics. history i know i will enjoy because i did enjoy at GCSE. for the exams i got A but for coursework i got D which brought my grade to a B. im afraid that i will do bad on coursework again. i am interested in politics, it doesnt have coursework(good for me as im better at exams) and it was my initial choice. friends say i should pick politics as i am that kind of person. i am taking physics, psychology and philosophy. im planning to take a social sciences or humanities course at university. i dont want to give up any of these subjects to take both politics and history. so its either history or politics. i know history is more respected however i heard its a heavy workload. i already have 3 demanding subjects, i dont want to overload. so, history or politics?

Well, Politics is in relation with current affairs - so if you're interested in watching the news, reading the paper etc. you would enjoy politics. That being said, you also enjoy History. Both are respected A-levels. Go for Politics, as you are worried about an aspect of the History A-level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending