The Student Room Group

TSR Computer Science Society

The TSR Computer Science Society

Come in to discuss anything at all about computer science or anything related!
Ask questions, talk about your course, introduce yourself and just chat!
:biggrin: :biggrin:

Click HERE to join!

If you're a member, why not add a link in your sig :wink2:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What Computer Science is Actually About

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
A programmer walks to the butcher shop and buys a kilo of meat. An hour later he comes back upset that the butcher shortchanged him by 24 grams.

“Knock, knock.”
“Who’s there?”
(Very long pause….)
“Java.”

===============

Thanks for starting this! I predict it will be very useful if I have problems on my CS50 course. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by LogicGoat
What Computer Science is Actually About

Spoiler

Wow this is longer than my PS! :wink:

But I've got to admit it's good! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by silentlife
Wow this is longer than my PS! :wink:

Haha, yeah I realised it was a massive wall and spoilered it now :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by Mrkingpenguin
Thanks for starting this! I predict it will be very useful if I have problems on my CS50 course. :smile:

Thought it was surprising there wasn't one already :tongue: I'm taking that as well :yep:
Soo joining up
Reply 7
Thanks for creating this!! :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 8
Hello, I am new to programing and I am taking course at Sheffield...I know very little about programming and I find it very confusing. However, it is quite interesting. Can you please tell me whether it is possible for to learn that stuff and still get out with good degree? Because I am feeling very nervous and that 9k/year loan seems reaaaaly not appealing. I was quite good at maths however I did not learn about matrix, recursion, graph theory and I find them very hard. Anyone can comment whether I can or should go there for studies? Because they start from Java which I found very confusing and hard to comprehend...I liked Python though.
Yes, I'd like to join. :smile:
Nice, I'd also like to join! :smile:

I predict it will be very useful if I have problems on my CS50 course. :smile:

I'm taking it too, perhaps we could create a subgroup for CS50 takers, to seek help and advice. :P
Well that was brilliant. :smile:
Reply 12
This sounds like a good idea. A proper place where we can discuss Project Euler and BIO problems maybe?

I especially like the explanation of CompSci, I might just link anyone that asks me right here!
Definitely signing up for this!
Reply 14
I'll join, and remember,

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't understand it.
Original post by D-Box
I'll join, and remember,

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't understand it.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who thought that number was binary.
Original post by ukdragon37
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who thought that number was binary.

:rofl: That was good

Original post by Dark Lord of Mordor
:rofl: That was good

There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand ternary, those who don't and those who confuse it with binary. :wink:
Looking forward to this :biggrin:
Reply 19

Those types aren't mutually exclusive. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending