The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
Is there anything that doesn't require much effort but still takes your mind off your mood? I dunno....drinking or playing a computer game or something maybe? Once you get started it might be easier to continue although I understand it can sometimes be very difficult to get started. :console: I've been watching cartoons online a lot recently - takes my mind off things and doesn't require much concentration to follow the plot, perhaps try that?

Got my friend back with me now, although they are spending a lot of time sleeping (not that that is anything new :tongue:). Been doing a reasonable amount of watching stuff / playing stuff - but while it distracts me, it doesn't change my mood at all, I don't even really enjoy it - it just allows the time to pass - and I can't just keep passing time forever ><
Original post by rmhumphries
Got my friend back with me now, although they are spending a lot of time sleeping (not that that is anything new :tongue:). Been doing a reasonable amount of watching stuff / playing stuff - but while it distracts me, it doesn't change my mood at all, I don't even really enjoy it - it just allows the time to pass - and I can't just keep passing time forever ><

I know that feeling pretty well actually. I do generally just go with the pass as much time as possible strategy until my mood gets a little better eventually. If your friend is back could you perhaps do something with him/her to try and work on your mood?
Reply 22
Afternoon all :hello:
Original post by Sabertooth
I know that feeling pretty well actually. I do generally just go with the pass as much time as possible strategy until my mood gets a little better eventually. If your friend is back could you perhaps do something with him/her to try and work on your mood?

They are not doing too great themselves unfortunately, so they can't help me much.
Reply 25
Strokes new thread.
Original post by Nut.
Strokes new thread.

You pervert. :eek: This thread's less than a day old!
Reply 27
Original post by Nut.
Strokes new thread.

:sexface: :biggrin:

Original post by superwolf
You pervert. :eek: This thread's less than a day old!

:rofl:

Hope everyone is doing good :smile:
This is a little odd.....does anyone else here get hiccups really often? Just wondering if it might be a side effect.

I read before that antipsychotics can be given to cure persistent hiccups but since taking them I've been getting hiccups at least once a day every day. It's quite annoying. I've been hiccuping constantly for the past hour and now my chest is starting to hurt. :colonhash:
Reply 29
I'm very sorry that I have been so lax keeping up with the thread. Have been doing extra shifts at work and have a foster cat with some aggression issues that I have been spending all my spare time working with. However as I shut my leg in the car door earlier today and it has since gotten rather sore and swollen I though I would rest it a little bit and try to rekindle my internet addiction a little bit.

Hope everyone is doing ok
Reply 30
Hi everyone, hope you're all okay this evening. My day has been reasonable. I feel a bit slowed down.

Has anyone here had success with SSRIs? Sertraline in particular. I was on Citalopram for several months (30mg), and didn't think it was doing much good, but when I came off it I had a massive crash in mood. Psychiatrist says that means it was doing something, so I probably am responsive to SSRIs. But I couldn't keep going even in the place I was with Cit.

Now on 100mg of Sertraline and feeling about the same as I was on 30mg of Cit. If it's helped a bit, does that mean it should keep getting better as the dosage is raised? Psych said that the maximum dosage is 200mg.

I feel kind of scared that I'm going to be left in the place that Citalopram and Sertraline have me in - i.e. vaguely functional - able to keep clean, feed myself and work a little - but nothing above that. I hope that isn't what they do.
Reply 31
Original post by asdfgah
Hi everyone, hope you're all okay this evening. My day has been reasonable. I feel a bit slowed down.

Has anyone here had success with SSRIs? Sertraline in particular. I was on Citalopram for several months (30mg), and didn't think it was doing much good, but when I came off it I had a massive crash in mood. Psychiatrist says that means it was doing something, so I probably am responsive to SSRIs. But I couldn't keep going even in the place I was with Cit.

Now on 100mg of Sertraline and feeling about the same as I was on 30mg of Cit. If it's helped a bit, does that mean it should keep getting better as the dosage is raised? Psych said that the maximum dosage is 200mg.

I feel kind of scared that I'm going to be left in the place that Citalopram and Sertraline have me in - i.e. vaguely functional - able to keep clean, feed myself and work a little - but nothing above that. I hope that isn't what they do.

Sorry I've not been on Sterlaline before, so I can't comment on that. However, I have sifted through two SSRIs before. I was first subscribed Fluoxitine 10mg which was like being dragged through hell and back, it made me anxious and all types of horrible things happened to me. I had to stop taking it to feel 'normal' again even though they wanted me to keep on taking it. You know what's best for you. Now I'm on Citalopram which is so much better. I think SSRIs are really different from each other, so don't feel disheartened if it takes a while to find the medication that's right for you.

I'm not really sure how helpful you'll find that :redface:
Yay, new thread!

Things are going relatively well at the moment. Trying hard in college and hopefully succeeding. My thoughts are sometimes quite bad but I'm not too worried, things are nowhere near as bad as they were.
Reply 33
couldn't sleep last night so really agitated and getting wound up easily :frown:

wrote an essay long rant at my friends facebook status and then deleted it cause I realised they probably don't want to hear what I think.
Been through 7 threads and onto the 8th? :eek: Means people are far too chatty :tongue: Everyone knows lurking in the shadows is where it's at :lurk:

:ninja:
Original post by sunfowers01
Which one did you order? I'm looking to buy one as well, but there are so many to choose from!

Original post by Toph
Hello everyone, hope you're all well. I used to post in here but under a different username :ninja:

That's awesome, the first step was actually getting he book. Can I be nosey and ask which book it is?

Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Dummies :yep:
Thanks to Saber and Rob for replying to me last night. Sorry I couldn't quote back before the thread changes but thank you both for your reassurance and advice :hugs:

Hope everyone is ok :grouphugs:
Original post by rmhumphries
Meh ><

Hang in there beardy, things are going to get better :jumphug:
Reply 38
Heyys :smile:
Decided I'd got too selfish and self-absorbed in my body/feelings lately, so stopped caring again tonight >_<
Supposed to be going to the gym tomorrow but I don't know if I can be bothered anymore.#

It's my friend's birthday in a couple of days and I've messed up my sleep pattern now, we're going to town...a few days after that my Mum's getting married..this was pretty silly
Reply 39
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Dummies :yep:

I've got that one and the workbook that goes with it. I found it really useful, I hope you find it just as good.

Latest