Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Malware of TSR?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've had this come up twice in the past few days while I've been on TSR. I know TSR is safe so I always click on proceed anyway, but I though it should be reported.

• 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    What's that Google Chrome theme you're using?
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    It is a problem with someone's signature. The user 'alithegreat' is using an image in their sig from 'www.davidrisstrom.org', which appears to have been reported as an attack site. As such, when the image is loaded, then Chrome can see that TSR is loading data from a compromised website, and stops the page loading. As far as I can tell, you have nothing to worry about - the image is just an image
    • 157 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, I've removed the image responsible for the message. Can I just confirm that the page loads okay for you now?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark Horse)
    What's that Google Chrome theme you're using?
    It's a random one I found ages ago. Can't remember the name of it.

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Hey there, I've removed the image responsible for the message. Can I just confirm that the page loads okay for you now?
    Everything appears to be OK now. Thanks.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    x
    I can't reply to your visitor message on your profile due to your privacy settings, but in reply to your message - if you have PMs disabled then subs can't send messages to you, it removes the option from your profile and the drop-down list if you click on your name, and entering the name manually brings up an error message.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've had this come up twice in the past few days while I've been on TSR.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellysmith)
    I've had this come up twice in the past few days while I've been on TSR.
    It happens from time to time, and is almost invariably because of an image in someone's sig. Hopefully the two times you got it were as a result of the same image that was mentioned in the OP, which AGI has already sorted. If you or anyone else sees something like that in future, just let us know by posting a thread like this in here or in Ask A Mod (or just post again in this thread). We need a link to the thread where it happened, ideally the specific page of the thread if it's a larger thread, and since not all of us use Chrome we also need to know the source of the malware warning (which in this case was this 'www.davidrisstrom.org' website as the Chrome screenie in the OP shows ); these two things will help any mod to quickly identify whose sig is causing the issue allowing us to get rid of the offending image(s) as quickly as possible

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: September 10, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.