The Student Room Group

What bags do you guys use for uni?

Scroll to see replies

I have a bag from New Look and, because I'm doing a Photography course, I have a big Canon camera bag and getting a Billingham camera bag when the student loan arrives, expensive but more hard-wearing and stylish :smile: haha

My friend has a River Island backpack, I have one too and you can fit everything in there, they're like Tardis'!! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends what you're going to be using it for.
If you're bringing your laptop, some folders and chunky text books, you'll probably want to be a big rucksack.
If you're packing a little less, you could go for a manbag/pouch.
Reply 22
Original post by parkyparkinson
I have a bag from New Look and, because I'm doing a Photography course, I have a big Canon camera bag and getting a Billingham camera bag when the student loan arrives, expensive but more hard-wearing and stylish :smile: haha

My friend has a River Island backpack, I have one too and you can fit everything in there, they're like Tardis'!! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, I've got a huge H&M bag and I literally carry EVERYTHING in it, its so annoying, but its useful
Reply 23
Original post by SeanWilliams92
Depends what you're going to be using it for.
If you're bringing your laptop, some folders and chunky text books, you'll probably want to be a big rucksack.
If you're packing a little less, you could go for a manbag/pouch.

I may get 2 bags, maybe an eastpak backback and a huge handbag/tote
Reply 24
This...

:colondollar:
Reply 25
Original post by mcintoshp

Try TK Maxx - they have a whole range of stylish but simple ones that go with everything :smile: I just got this one...

http://www.tkmaxx.com/view-all-accessories/black-mock-croc-tote-bag/invt/11296368

Which has worked well for me so far :smile:
I have a leather satchel bag from Scaramanga. :biggrin:

medium-wide-distressed-poc-1-1.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)
I have an Eastpak chocolate canvas messenger bag which is large and hard-wearing. 30 year warranty, friends! It has a built in laptop section too. I got it on ASOS for £26 instead of RRP £90 because apparently it was ~~so last spring~~

definitely worth stalking ASOS now and again, they're forever clueless when it comes to gauging actual quality goods >:smile:
Original post by mcintoshp

That's a great idea, that way if you know you've got an important lecture and you'll need your laptop and a few text books, you can use a backpack and vice versa.:smile:
Reply 29
get eastpak/jansport backpack. comfy and will last years.

used my jansport for all 7 yrs of schoool...
Reply 30
I got a messenger bag off eBay because my current bag wasn't suitable for my laptop. Then I remembered that I wouldn't need a laptop for my Maths degree.
Reply 31
Pick any bag you like, you could even use whatever you've been using for college if you don't want to buy a new one. You don't even need one bag specifically for uni as long as you have at least one big enough for your folders etc - if you already have oversized handbags or big canvas bags then consider just choosing one of them each day.
Original post by parkyparkinson

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I just started to get into photography as a hobby lol :biggrin: My baby is a Canon 1000D but no bag:frown: would you mind telling me where you get the bag? :tongue:

OP I use a normal backpack ( good for the shoulder :tongue:)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Holby_fanatic
I have a leather satchel bag from Scaramanga. :biggrin:

medium-wide-distressed-poc-1-1.jpg

this is beautiful :love:
Reply 34
Whatever I happen to grab?
A satchel. Like Indiana Jones.
Reply 36
I've got a superdry satchel but its too stiff, heavy and the rubber has rubbed and it just doesnt look that great after not using it for that long :/.

The bags I want at the moment are jansport, eastpack, those vintage rucksack style ones ( http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/bo/boden-canvas-rucksack-mb055.jpg ), or those duffle bags ( http://www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/content/ebiz/urbanoutfitters/invt/5850440330023/5850440330023_Navy_l1.jpg )

Just get one that you like the look of but is practical, i mean if you have a laptop and will take it out make sure it has room/ a pouch and as well make sure if youre carrying papers that they'll stay straight.
Diagonal strap bags or rucksacks...
Original post by LinzyLoo
This...

:colondollar:

That is beautiful :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MetropolisBoy
Hey, I just started to get into photography as a hobby lol :biggrin: My baby is a Canon 1000D but no bag:frown: would you mind telling me where you get the bag? :tongue:

OP I use a normal backpack ( good for the shoulder :tongue:)

I used to have that camera, epic! I got my Canon bag off Argos for £50 and currently just use it for storage, the Billingham is from Wex Phptographic, cheaper than the original brand website at £159 :smile:

I recommend Lowepro as well, they do some awesome side bags and rucksacks for photography equipment and last a lifetime if you're going for comfort rather than style! Try Amazon as they do them cheaper!

Anything else? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest