The Student Room Group

PwC telephone interview

As I am going to have a telephone interview with PwC for a 2013 summer internship position soon, could anyone who has been through the process be so kind as to give examples of questions asked or advice on how to prepare adequately. I really want to nail this one!!

Thanks!
(edited 11 years ago)
Have examples ready illustrating how you have excelled in their core competences in the past

http://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/student/applicationprocess/our-competencies.jhtml

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Same here, I also did one last year when applying for the insight academy. Make sure you are up to date with current affairs in business/finance :tongue:
Reply 3
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if people who have passed the telephone interview have nailed each question asked (some, such as about ethics were hard to think about) or did you have some pbls answering some questions.

Thanks!
Original post by shura23
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if people who have passed the telephone interview have nailed each question asked (some, such as about ethics were hard to think about) or did you have some pbls answering some questions.

Thanks!

Hi Shura

Ethics is all about identifying a potential risk before it occurs - so think about a current example that might have been in the news and how it was dealt with. They want you to have an element of scepticism, so not taking situations at face value.

Generally, with telephone interviews, make sure you have done your research about the company, the type of internship and have a copy of your application form to hand.

Speak with enthusiasm, be clear and concise. Don't feel you have to fill awkward silences, just answer the questions as fully as you can.

Good luck. Louise
Reply 5
How long did you wait before hearing back after tel interview?
The longer you wait the better? Or the worse? :frown:
Thanks !
Original post by shura23
Hello everyone,

Thanks!

The ethics questions I got asked were:
1) Tell me about a time someone did something unethical, How did you react?
2) Tell me about a time you were asked to do something you didn't agree with?

Something like that anyway. As with all competency questions it's easy if you have an example. Ethics is pretty high on their agenda though and in my feedback they highlighted that competency more than the others.
You don't have to nail every question, I know a couple of my answers weren't great.

I got told I was successful via text 2 days after my interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending