The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by Runninground
It's showing 56 degrees Celsius, the one where the clock is.

How can I fix this cause it's clearly not 56 degrees out there.

I knew it was warmer than normal... :eek:
Reply 2
Original post by momanium
I knew it was warmer than normal... :eek:

Yep. Surely not that warm though ? :cool:
Assuming that you haven't just changed it from displaying Celsius to Fahrenheit (if you have done that, try playing around with buttons to change it back):

First, reset the ECU, just in case it is a software bug (disconnect the battery for a while, usually 30 minutes or so). If that doesn't work, dodgy sensor most likely. Depending on the age of the car, get a sensor from a scrapyard or if it is fairly new - euro car parts, or similar.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
56 Fahrenheit is 13 Celsius which sounds likely.

Not sure why Fahrenheit would be an option though.
Reply 5
Original post by Camoxide
56 Fahrenheit is 13 Celsius which sounds likely.

Not sure why Fahrenheit would be an option though.

Because it is a GM car and that console unit is probably made for more than just 1 model most likely the same unit is used in a car that is sold in USA hence the availability of Fahrenheit since those dumbasses are still stuck in the stone age :biggrin:
Reply 6
It says ' oC' next to it, so I guess it is Celsius.
Reply 7
Original post by Herr
Because it is a GM car and that console unit is probably made for more than just 1 model most likely the same unit is used in a car that is sold in USA hence the availability of Fahrenheit since those dumbasses are still stuck in the stone age :biggrin:

Yeah that makes sense. I was wondering why Fahrenheit would be an option because I'm pretty sure they don't have the Corsa in the states. They don't like small cars.
Makes sense for the shared console unit now though.

If you can change it to Fahrenheit, do so to double check, but in that I would move on to my other suggestions (ECU reset and replace the sensor).
Reply 9
Corsa B? Mine did this after one of the heavy snow drifts we've had the last few winters. Would read anything from -20 to +50 on a normal day, and often error out altogether.

Never got it fixed so can't help you there, just saying it's a common thing.
Reply 10
Original post by Camoxide
Yeah that makes sense. I was wondering why Fahrenheit would be an option because I'm pretty sure they don't have the Corsa in the states. They don't like small cars.
Makes sense for the shared console unit now though.

They do buy small cars there these days, in fact they've always bought small cars just not the same ones you see in Europe, GM sells the Chevrolet Aveo quite well in USA though it is built off a different chassis but uses a lot of common GM parts from their parts bin to lower cost.

Try cleaning the sensor, otherwise disconnect the battery for a couple of minute, that usually fixes most Opel electronic problems.
Reply 11
I have about four friends with Corsas, of these four - three have thermometers that usually read 50 degrees C plus... a known fault maybe? What year is your Corsa - most of my friends are 2001/2002.
Reply 12
my outside temp gage fell off my corsa a month after it started showing the temp at -90+ until it could not show it because it was to cold. (haven't got the car no more).

it was funny
Original post by benwilliamsuk
I have about four friends with Corsas, of these four - three have thermometers that usually read 50 degrees C plus... a known fault maybe? What year is your Corsa - most of my friends are 2001/2002.

2001 so it probably is a common fault :P
Reply 14
2001 so it probably is a common fault :P

Must be... having said that, since it is common, perhaps there is a solution people have some up with... quick Google search should help? :smile:
After putting a new battery in my vauxhall zafira 07 my clock only showes F iv tried pressing all buttons but nothing,??
Original post by Charlie Donaghey
After putting a new battery in my vauxhall zafira 07 my clock only showes F iv tried pressing all buttons but nothing,??

Hi,

You've bumped a 7 year-old thread.

I'd advise you to ask this type of question on the Vauxhall Zafira Owners Club forums which, for your Zafira B, can be found here: https://www.zafiraowners.co.uk/forum/15-general/

You need to ask how to get from Fahrenheit to Celsius. If there's any other Motoring questions you have, feel free to post them here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=183

Take care,

RS.
Thread closed.

Latest

Trending

Trending