The Student Room Group

Which university should I apply too?

Hi,

I took Maths (B), Further maths (E), Economics (D), Biology(D) and Geography (B) for AS, and was extremely disappointed with my grades after i was expecting ABACA, in that order. I have dropped economics and biology to continue with maths, further maths and geography for A2, and I am predicted BDA. I am looking to apply for geography for a degree, could anyone please advise a university and course where I may get accepted based on my predictions and actual AS grades. :smile::smile:

Thank you.
Why would you continue Further Maths when you have an E? You won't be able to handle A2 Further Maths.

Carry on with Maths, Geography and Economics. Getting Economics up to a B or a C is more realistic than even getting a D in Further Maths.

Get predicted ABC in Geography, Maths and Economics, or maybe AAC if your B in Maths was close to an A.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
I have been debating this for ages, but the reason why i did so badly in further is because I got 2 f's in decision and mechanics and a d in statistics, but for C1,C2 and FP1 i got an A, so the applications brought me down. Whereas in economics I got 2 D's for the modules, so i was unsure with what subject to choose, but I will take into consideration taking economics instead of further again!
Original post by chiara.
I have been debating this for ages, but the reason why i did so badly in further is because I got 2 f's in decision and mechanics and a d in statistics, but for C1,C2 and FP1 i got an A, so the applications brought me down. Whereas in economics I got 2 D's for the modules, so i was unsure with what subject to choose, but I will take into consideration taking economics instead of further again!

You can't get an F in A-Level. Anything below an E is just a U.

You could ask about certifying an AS Level in 'Pure Maths' and have an A, using C1, C2 and FP1. Then you could do C3 and C4 in normal maths and go to FP2 Further Maths lessons to do FP2, so you'd do C1-4, FP1 and FP2 and get A2 Pure Maths.

If you could do that you wouldn't have to do any statistics, decision or mechanics and could carry on with economics by avoiding most of Further Maths.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending