The Student Room Group

When did you start driving when you passed your driving test???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bubble87
Mine was the first test of the day and i drove alone in the afternoon. Only 5 mins to the supermarket though lol. I felt it was best to get out and do it rather than leave it and lose my confidence from lack of practice. I've just taken my new driver plates off after 4 months and now my car looks weird lol.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android app on my Galaxy SII

This exactly, except I didn't bother with new driver plates as I thought people would treat me like they do when you have L plates. Also the green P doesn't look good with red xD
Its been nearly a year since i drove...;(
Passed back at the beginning of November last year, and got my car at the beginning of March, so about 5 months
I didn't start driving until about 3 months after I passed, which was almost 11 months ago. Still don't have my own car yet though :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 44
Umm I passed a month ago, I've driven my parents car in a car park twice but thats it :L And Im not planning on getting a car for agessss so...
Original post by College_Dropout
Its been nearly a year since i drove...;(

It was a year after passing my test that I drove to the day. Don't worry, it all comes back pretty quickly.
Reply 46
Passed Feb 2008.
First car Jan 2010.

Did drive quite regularly during that period though.
Passed - April 2012 and started driving about 7 hours after I passed my test :smile: on my mum's insurance though! Did my first motorway trip few days ago though :smile: x
Reply 48
150miles on the motorway the day after having my car.
Reply 49
Passed in March 2011, haven't driven since!!
Straight away to be honest lad
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 51
As soon as I got home, I rang the insurance, was sorted in 15 minutes then went out. Passed on my 17th birthday.
Reply 52
Original post by Paulieboyo
As soon as I got home, I rang the insurance, was sorted in 15 minutes then went out. Passed on my 17th birthday.

You must be a millionaire
<font face="century gothic">I passed on friday, couldn't be happier! :biggrin: It was my first attempt as well which felt so weird!<br><br>My family were out saturday though, and the insurance offices are closed on sundays, so i have to wait till at least monday to get my insurance through :frown: parked my car in my drive by myself though, cheeky! :wink: what insurance did you guys go for? my friend got a really good deal on sheilas wheels. I started learning in March, so I had around 6 1/2 months of practice in my own car, which really payed off.&nbsp;</font>
Reply 54
Original post by h4mza
You must be a millionaire

Already had my car and had already saved up for the insurance.
Original post by Paulieboyo

Is that even possible? Don't you have to be 17 to take the theory test?
Original post by Juno
Passed 2004.

Got car 2009.

Do I win?

Did you forget?? Or was it okay and just like riding a bike
Original post by kinda_classy
Did you forget?? Or was it okay and just like riding a bike

This thread is 5 years old!
Original post by RoyalSheepy
This thread is 5 years old!

Sorry! Haha - didn't look at the dates - just googles it!
Original post by kinda_classy
Sorry! Haha - didn't look at the dates - just googles it!

No problems lol, not your fault if a search engine leads you to it :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending