The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Freshers Week Events

Hi, does anyone know about any of the freshers week events? I'm staying in Canterbury Court and they've released a list of pub crawls etc. Are there any organised by the uni?
Or any alternatives to getting wasted? :P
I'm all for going out but don't think I could handle the whole week!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1
If you go to the Freshers Fair some of the societies may be holding events during freshers week. Some will be doing some none-drinking events. I would have hoped the halls would have some none-drinking events too, in Lambert where I stayed last year they had events for cinema, laser tag, bowling etc which weren't drinking.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Thank you :biggrin:
Yeah, I'm up for going out a few times but I don't want to be hungover for my course inductions etc :P

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I imagine you'll be doing stuff with your housemates as well, no?
Original post by Les_Sourires
Hi, does anyone know about any of the freshers week events? I'm staying in Canterbury Court and they've released a list of pub crawls etc. Are there any organised by the uni?
Or any alternatives to getting wasted? :P
I'm all for going out but don't think I could handle the whole week!

The halls resident's association will be selling freshers tickets - the university itself doesn't get involved in that side of freshers week.

Thank you :biggrin:
Yeah, I'm up for going out a few times but I don't want to be hungover for my course inductions etc :P

Pah! DOWN IT FRESHER!!

In all seriousness, the chances of you needing to be awake in any of those inductions are minute. Just make sure you go along to the compulsory ones and the ones where you find out about selecting your modules.
I'm staying in Canterbury Court and they've released a list of pub crawls etc.

Where did they release this? FB? Just wondering where I should be looking for events organised by my house.
Look at events sites that will be posting the events throughout the week.

Studentmap, Skiddle, Fatsoma etc.

Also, play it by ear. Pick up flyers, talk to mates and see what's going on at your halls.

Hope that helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending