The Student Room Group

the first day of my masters course is tomorrow..

nvm
(edited 6 years ago)
Nervous? Pretty normal really.

By the end of your first week, you'll have forgotten what you were in such a state about, promise.
Reply 2
A 10 hour day? Welcome to the world of the Masters student! Check now to see whether your library stays open all night...

Seriously though, by this time next week the first day jitters (and overload!) will have worn off. I suspect that by the end of the day you'll have met many people who feel the same way as you. Don't worry - you'll be fine. I know it doesn't feel like it right now (I remember how I felt this time last year) but you'll be able to handle everything that's thrown at you in the coming year. There's also a very good chance that you'll enjoy most of it!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Good Luck Sir.
Reply 4
Be glad you start at 10am and not at 9am :tongue: Silver lining :smile:

I'm starting to get nervous and I start in a week :redface: Pretty sure it's just normal.

Hope you had a good day :smile:
Reply 5
srsly? i've done 3 masters courses and never had trouble sleeping before one started. later on maybe...but not at the start.
Reply 6
How'd it go?
Reply 7
Don't worry, very few people fail their degrees, especially at the top unis. It is getting in which is hard, not so much getting out.
Reply 8
Good luck!
Reply 9
How's it going? I start on Monday and I feel surprisingly nervous. It's been over a decade since I was at uni.
Reply 10
I start a week on Monday and am nervous too. Really excited, but very nervous. I've taken a gap year between undergrad and postgrad. I just hope I haven't forgotten how to write a half decent essay in between.
Original post by BO'H
srsly? i've done 3 masters courses and never had trouble sleeping before one started. later on maybe...but not at the start.

Why have you done 3 masters courses? Are you scared of getting a job?!
Reply 12
Original post by harryhenderson
Why have you done 3 masters courses? Are you scared of getting a job?!

one after undergrad - modern european history/politics

one after the law finals - (llm european law - which built on the first one) while i waited to start articles

20 (working) years later one this year in something completely different - ecology - as part of an effort to change career.

i'm also working towards an OU degree to fill in the gaps in my science and stats background in case i want to try for a phd

i like learning stuff and do it best in a structured way

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending