The Student Room Group

Can somebody please shed some light on this situation?

My University is starting on 17th September and I still haven't finished my student finance application. What I mean when it isn't finished yet, is that I will not receive all the loans required to pay the University, but in order to get the full loans from Student Finance, I need to provide them a letter from Home Office which is virtually impossible to get or I did not get. So, here I am panicking and worrying that my University might kick me out. I have a Indefinite leave to remain in the UK and I did sent those Student Finance guys my passport and they said, "Passport will not suffice as a full evidence."

I called student finance back yesterday to get an update where my application stands at and they still wanted a letter from Home Office which states the day that I got allowed to stay in the UK and why? (really why? -.-). My dad has British Passport and mum is about to get one this December, and I probably will get mine next year and oh I am not an asylum seeker or something related to that. Its really making me mad that student finance are such bads at handling these types of situation professionally.

Ergo, here I am asking for much needed help to resolve this situation from you guys. Im thinking about booking an appointment at Home Office as my last resort if nothing prevails.

Any advice or help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Original post by Larylemonlegs
My University is starting on 17th September and I still haven't finished my student finance application. What I mean when it isn't finished yet, is that I will not receive all the loans required to pay the University, but in order to get the full loans from Student Finance, I need to provide them a letter from Home Office which is virtually impossible to get or I did not get. So, here I am panicking and worrying that my University might kick me out. I have a Indefinite leave to remain in the UK and I did sent those Student Finance guys my passport and they said, "Passport will not suffice as a full evidence."

I called student finance back yesterday to get an update where my application stands at and they still wanted a letter from Home Office which states the day that I got allowed to stay in the UK and why? (really why? -.-). My dad has British Passport and mum is about to get one this December, and I probably will get mine next year and oh I am not an asylum seeker or something related to that. Its really making me mad that student finance are such bads at handling these types of situation professionally.

Ergo, here I am asking for much needed help to resolve this situation from you guys. Im thinking about booking an appointment at Home Office as my last resort if nothing prevails.

Any advice or help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I'd do everything at once. Go to the home office, see your mp, pester sfe and anything else anyone thinks of. Also you may be able to get enough ovedraft on a student account to pay one term if you explain to them and get it to the limit.
I think you can get a second stunt account with santander because they dont demand you loan be paid in and you get I think 2500 0% if you pay in 500 which you could do from your other overdraft. My infos out of date tho. Research.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending