The Student Room Group

How do I change my maintenance loan to a grant?

Student finance forever confuses me and of course their phone lines are always busy.

I'm going in to my second year at uni and I was thinking throughout my entire 1st year I was getting a grant when indeed I was not, it was a loan. I only realised when I was speaking to my friend about it.
I am entitled to a grant since both my parents have no jobs and I am so confused at how to change it...and very worried too since I don't have the money to pay that loan back >.< =(

Please help me out!

Thank youu
You get both a grant and a loan. If your parents don't earn anything, you probably got around £7000 last year, made up of a loan and a grant. The loan you pay back when you start earning over £15,000, the grant you never pay back.

Your student finance declaration will tell you exactly how much is a loan, and how much is a grant.
Reply 2
Im a first year and just submitted my application. I have said I want a maintenance loan instead of a grant! I have logged into my application and cancelled the maintenance loan. But theres no option to apply for the grant now?
Reply 3
You have to apply for income assessed to have the grant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending