The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

[NEED A QUICK RESPONSE PLEASE] A-Level Options

I'm thinking of studying for the UCL Law Course of the 'Law with Advanced Studies'. but not sure whether my options are okay. So far i've chosen English Literature, Maths, History and English Language...but i'm thinking of dropping english language for biology. Is there any other subject that would be more prefered? Also what enrichment or extra volunteering/other work is needed to strenghthen my chances of being accepted? Any sort of help would be much appreciated as i have just started sixth form!
Original post by anotherlawstudent
I'm thinking of studying for the UCL Law Course of the 'Law with Advanced Studies'. but not sure whether my options are okay. So far i've chosen English Literature, Maths, History and English Language...but i'm thinking of dropping english language for biology. Is there any other subject that would be more prefered? Also what enrichment or extra volunteering/other work is needed to strenghthen my chances of being accepted? Any sort of help would be much appreciated as i have just started sixth form!

I would say that Biology is indeed a more 'impressive' subject that English Language, at least to the Law department of UCL and particularly as you're doing English Literature.

Try getting a work experience placement at a law firm as an assistant or something. That will show dedication and interest.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by yakuzakitty
I would say that Biology is indeed a more 'impressive' subject that English Language, at least to the Law department of UCL and particularly as you're doing English Literature.

Try getting a work experience placement at a law firm as an assistant or something. That will show dedication and interest.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you studying at UCL at the moment? And thankyou for your advice and help! Much appreciated!!
Original post by anotherlawstudent
If you don't mind me asking, what are you studying at UCL at the moment? And thankyou for your advice and help! Much appreciated!!

I'll be starting a degree in Archaeology in about a week at UCL :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending