The Student Room Group

Have you guys sorted out your maintaince loan

I am starting to get really worried about my finances. I sent in my declaration form 3 months ago and I thaught every thing was done. But when I called them last week they said they did not receive the form. They are also saying I need proof of unemployment of my father this letter will take about a week to arrive. I am really concerned. Honestly in your opinion will I get the loan done on time.
Will I get any money
Thank you
Hello,

It is difficult to say whether you will get your loans/grants on time I'm afraid as everyones' situtation is different. You can check your online account for any updates and keep calling. Though the next time you send them anything I would get proof of postage and send if first class recorded and that way they can't claim anything. Just try stay positive I know it's easier said than done but you shouldn't let it drag you down. I bet there isn't a person that hasn't had some issue or other with student finance. Me and student finance don't get on at the best of times. Fingers crossed it all goes well for you but if you are worried then contact your student wellbeing team and students union and they'll be able to help I'm sure. x
Reply 2
You'll get your money, it just might be late. I hope you have some savings to help see you through..

But then, payments don't start (for me at least) until early Oct, so you still have some time to get it approved.
I've just thought that getting a student overdraft on your bank account might be another idea if you are struggling x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending