The Student Room Group

Impossible to get an offer from Imperial?

I want to study Mechanical Engineering (BEng) at Uni. I did quite bad at GCSE's, compared to most people at TSR :tongue: I got 2A*2A4B1C (just missed out an A in two subjects due to coursework, hate them :mad: ). I got AAAB at AS (Maths, Physics, Economics & Business, Chemistry). I'm aiming for 4A's at least at A2 (Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics and Business). I'm dropping Chemistry :colondollar: . My predicted grades are likely to be A*AAA/AAAA. I'm applying to UCL, Surrey, Southampton, Queen Mary/Brunel which want grades from A*AA-AAB. My question is if I apply to Imperial (they want A*A*A OR A*AAA) would I get rejected straight away as I've heard most people get straight As/A*s at AS/prediction who apply there. So to narrow down they look at your GCSE's? Also most people who apply there get straight A*s at GCSE. So in a way would I get rejected straight away due to GCSE's/prediction or is it worth risking 1 of the 5 choices for it.
Your opinion would be appreciated :colondollar:
No harm in applying you have a chance. Good luck.
Reply 2
If you are predicted to get A*AAA and this is their standard offer, as long as you make sure you have a stellar personal statement and a good reference, you are in with a shot :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending