The Student Room Group

Anyone receiving the maximum finance for 12/13?

Just wanted to ask around to see what the maximum finance available is, for a student living away from home but outside London.
I live in Leeds, away from home, and last year I was entitled to a £3250 maintenance grant, this year it says something around the lines of £2900. Does it vary depending on which year of university you are in? Does anyone in third year get the maximum?

If anyone can shed some light on this, I would be grateful. I'd phone the Student Finance line but I must have spent about £30 on unecessary calls this summer. :rolleyes:
Is this your final year?

If it is, that will be why there is a reduction. In your first and second years, you got extra money to cover the summer period. In your final year, you don't get that extra money, as you are supposed to get a job.

If it's not your final year, and there have been no income changes, its probably worth contacting them to see why you are being paid less.

Maximum available finance always depends on your circumstances - outside of London, away from home and starting in 12/13 with no parental contribution, it's around £7000 I think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending