The Student Room Group

Your freshers drink of choice?

Scroll to see replies

Coke Zero.

Something that is delicious though (as disgusting as it sounds) would be half a cup of diluted Orange Juice (preferably Robinsons) topped up with Diet Coca Cola

As for alcohol, even though I'm a second year, I'm still completely new with it and I know what I will be avoiding (the only alcoholic beverage I've ever had) - Guinness. Yuck. I guess part of the reason I'm nervous around alcohol is I don't really know the extent to which it would affect my diabetes because you can have a hypo whilst drinking and not feel the usual symptoms, which makes it all the more dangerous - I know the worst case scenarios are fit/coma/stomach pump. From what I've heard though Beer/Lager is best for diabetics. Things like wine can send it extremely high, whereas stuff that is high in alcohol like vodka is ok in moderation but it will lower your blood sugar rapidly. Beer/Lager contains carbohydrates so it will temporarily raise blood sugars, but they will drop rapidly so pay attention to your blood sugars if you are a diabetic and test regularly!
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
Coke Zero.

Something that is delicious though (as disgusting as it sounds) would be half a cup of diluted Orange Juice (preferably Robinsons) topped up with Diet Coca Cola

As for alcohol, even though I'm a second year, I'm still completely new with it and I know what I will be avoiding (the only alcoholic beverage I've ever had) - Guinness. Yuck. I guess part of the reason I'm nervous around alcohol is I don't really know the extent to which it would affect my diabetes because you can have a hypo whilst drinking and not feel the usual symptoms, which makes it all the more dangerous - I know the worst case scenarios are fit/coma/stomach pump. From what I've heard though Beer/Lager is best for diabetics. Things like wine can send it extremely high, whereas stuff that is high in alcohol like vodka is ok in moderation but it will lower your blood sugar rapidly. Beer/Lager contains carbohydrates so it will temporarily raise blood sugars, but they will drop rapidly so pay attention to your blood sugars if you are a diabetic and test regularly!

Two of my ex's where type 1 (dunno i must attract diabetics lol) and they handled it completely differently. Once drank loads but monitored her levels last things before she went out and first thing when she got back, the other went off once and hour to check. Tbh the result was the same, they both where stupid and usually went for alco pops and coke/redbull & vodka (because lets face it how many pubs/bars/clubs serve diet or suger free coke and/or redbull). Tbh on the rare occasions they stuck to one drink like beer they where fine :smile:

I noticed if they stayed on lower strength alcohol such as larger and wine and even spirits you can be fine, would recommend staying away from cider, alco pops and mixing your spirits with sugary drinks as its a recipe for disaster.
Reply 182
Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey! It's my favourite. Has anyone else tried it?
For pre-drinks, either vodka and lemonade or if we're playing something like Ring Of Fire, cheap blue WKD knock-offs because it's easier to down, cheaper to replace and makes the dirty pint absolutely disgusting (it's good as long as you're not the one who has to drink it :lolwut: ). When I go out, it's almost always a vodka and lemonade (or three).

Also, something I've just been calling "Pripyat" or "Radioactive Cat Pee", orange bacardi breezer mixed with proper blue WKD. Turns bright green, looks disgusting, tastes amazing :love:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 184
£2.50 bottle of Rosé does me fine!
Failing that - cheap imitation Archers and lemonade.
Not a fresher yet but has to be jellybabies!

Shot of pernod in a pint of cider and blackcurrant...
omg. :rolleyes:
Reply 186
Sainsbury's basics Vodka cannae beat it!!!
jager and cranberry juice is a sensational thing
Reply 188
Original post by Jono404
Quite simply, the finest cider on the market

Oh how lovely, a bot of frostyjacks, in all seriousness, how can anybody actually drink it
Reply 189
Expensive taste; Jack Daniels and Coke
Standard; Vodka/ and Coke/fanta twist/redbull/d&b and beer mainly Bud but the occasional fosters/carlsberg (that cherry cider or something kapperburg i think or so is delicious as well)
Poor; Bot of cider, usually strongbow

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending