The Student Room Group

John Lewis Graduate Scheme 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've just come across this. It says that deadline for retail management is tomorrow, so if I submit the application form tonight (but obviously won't have done the tests), I assume that would be okay?
Reply 21
Original post by geetar
I've just come across this. It says that deadline for retail management is tomorrow, so if I submit the application form tonight (but obviously won't have done the tests), I assume that would be okay?

Yeah I was wondering if when it says applications close on the 14th, if they mean 00:00 on the 14th or 23:59 on the 14?! help?!
Reply 22
Original post by burgendy.
Yeah I was wondering if when it says applications close on the 14th, if they mean 00:00 on the 14th or 23:59 on the 14?! help?!

I would think it would be either 5pm or 11:59pm tomorrow. But it might not be, so I'm going to get it in now (one competency question left). Best get it in before midnight tonight, just in case.
Reply 23
Original post by geetar
I would think it would be either 5pm or 11:59pm tomorrow. But it might not be, so I'm going to get it in now (one competency question left). Best get it in before midnight tonight, just in case.

by competency do you mean personal qulaities questions?
Hi guys,

If you manage to get it in today I'm pretty sure you have to do the values questionnaire and situational judgement test today do (but these are okay, wouldn't really need to practice because it's just about you), although I think you'd have a week to do the other two tests? Don't quote me though!

Good luck! I did get another email of John Lewis this morning though with the status of my application so I wondered if it has closed, but I would've thought you'd have today too :smile:
Reply 25
Hey guys, I completed the application for the jlp finance scheme and the first two tests before the deadline. But it seems that several others have sat other tests including a numerical one. Did you have to wait any period of time before being invited to sit this test? If not i guess i 'failed' the values tool test.... ironic as i had to sit a similar one to get a job at waitrose in the first place. Hope you all the best with your applications...
Reply 26
Original post by burgendy.
by competency do you mean personal qulaities questions?

Yes.

Original post by hayley130990
Hi guys,

If you manage to get it in today I'm pretty sure you have to do the values questionnaire and situational judgement test today do (but these are okay, wouldn't really need to practice because it's just about you), although I think you'd have a week to do the other two tests? Don't quote me though!

Good luck! I did get another email of John Lewis this morning though with the status of my application so I wondered if it has closed, but I would've thought you'd have today too :smile:

Thanks, good luck to you too. I submitted it last night, and also did the Values Tool and the Situational Judgement Test as well. The last I heard from them was that all three parts have been submitted, and I just need to wait to hear. I haven't heard anything about maths tests and stuff - I'm applying for the retail programme, so I don't know if they do those for that stream.
Original post by geetar
Yes.

Thanks, good luck to you too. I submitted it last night, and also did the Values Tool and the Situational Judgement Test as well. The last I heard from them was that all three parts have been submitted, and I just need to wait to hear. I haven't heard anything about maths tests and stuff - I'm applying for the retail programme, so I don't know if they do those for that stream.

Ah yes I don't think the Retail Scheme need them! Sorry I'm doing Buying haha, well done for getting it in so fast! Took me forever!
Original post by cabbs123
Hey guys, I completed the application for the jlp finance scheme and the first two tests before the deadline. But it seems that several others have sat other tests including a numerical one. Did you have to wait any period of time before being invited to sit this test? If not i guess i 'failed' the values tool test.... ironic as i had to sit a similar one to get a job at waitrose in the first place. Hope you all the best with your applications...

Have you logged in to check the status of your application? It should tell you there, I'm pretty sure you should have heard something either way! Some of my friends have randomly had things sent to their Junk folder to so maybe check there? Fingers crossed :smile:
Original post by geetar
Yes.

Is it the Retail Management scheme you applied for? Because I've had to do the Values Tool, Situational Judgement, Numerical and Verbal test? Now that I've finally done those, my status just says 'Online Verbal Test Completed'.. :K:
Reply 30
Hi guys, I just completed the numerical test and failed miserably! I'd put it off for a few days because I was dreading it, because I breezed through the other tests. Gutted! I had applied for the Retail Management role too.
Original post by M.W1989
Hi guys, I just completed the numerical test and failed miserably! I'd put it off for a few days because I was dreading it, because I breezed through the other tests. Gutted! I had applied for the Retail Management role too.

Are you not just sure you've automatically failed as the deadline was the 14th?
Reply 32
Do you know about the company (SHL OR PSL, for example) which made these tests ?Are there any example tests for you to get familiar with these tests?
Thank you very much.
Reply 33
Do you know about the company which offers the tests? Are they SHL or PSL, for example? Or do they offer any example tests for you to practise beforehand? Thanks.
Reply 34
No., I didn't automatically fail. I had the application in by the 14th but the tests just had to be done within 7 days of the email they sent. I did the first 2 fine, just the numerical one I found too hard.

And the tests are SHL!
Original post by M.W1989
No., I didn't automatically fail. I had the application in by the 14th but the tests just had to be done within 7 days of the email they sent. I did the first 2 fine, just the numerical one I found too hard.

And the tests are SHL!

Oh nooo bad luck, numerical was horrible I know :frown: Did you apply for any others?
Original post by ynuxuxu
Do you know about the company which offers the tests? Are they SHL or PSL, for example? Or do they offer any example tests for you to practise beforehand? Thanks.

SHL - there is one full length test you can practice then before you sit the actual test you get 8 practice ones but that's right before you do it (so that's not much help except to show you what they're like if you havent practiced).

If you're a bit rusty like me I recommend buying some practice tests that actually give you the working out as well - I purchased the 'Assessment Day' one and know another friend who did the same and we both thought they were pretty helpful.

Good Luck, sorry if this is a bit late!
For those asking about the application process I found this when I was doing my research, gives a breakdown of the different stages which is useful... http://www.graddiary.com/company/john_lewis_partnership/
Reply 38
Hi everyone!
So, if you failed the numerical test, you got rejected straight away?
If so, thats hopeful, but I think I failed the verbal one :frown:
Mine says 'Application under consideration'
Argh :rolleyes:
Original post by JDandTurk
Hi everyone!
So, if you failed the numerical test, you got rejected straight away?
If so, thats hopeful, but I think I failed the verbal one :frown:
Mine says 'Application under consideration'
Argh :rolleyes:

You wouldn't have got through to verbal if you failed numerical and you wouldn't have 'application under consideration' if you failed verbal...:smile:

Well done :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest