The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Free parking advice to all those driving to coventry university

Just thought i would give you all advice on free parking spots close to the university which i used for my 1st year, all are approx 10-15 min walk from the university.

-minster road (of northumberland road)
-gloucester street
-brunel close (surrounding roads also)

hope this helps
Reply 1
also there is a university carpark opposite the swimming baths that is like a quid for the whole day, except i paid only once as throughout my degree they only checked once where I got a red sticker saying don't do it again...
Worth parking there to be honest except it can be crazy busy monday mornings but apart form that it's generally ok
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Just to update you all there has been a lot of resident parking schemes implemented around the city centre over the summer, particularly near Singer & Raglan. I know a lot of students used to park there for free, but now you can't & only those actually in a house or flat (not halls) can get permits. I lived in a house on one of the streets, so got all the documentation & that about it & I stay in Cov all year round so have seen them all changed.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad Ap
Reply 3
Does anybody know if the roads mentioned in the first post have had a similar residential scheme implemented?

I *could* bus it in relatively issue-free, but since passing my driving test three years ago I've determined not to use public transport! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Kaje85
Does anybody know if the roads mentioned in the first post have had a similar residential scheme implemented?

I *could* bus it in relatively issue-free, but since passing my driving test three years ago I've determined not to use public transport! :smile:

The roads I mentioned are 100% free all year round and i will be using those again
When I start my second year.
Reply 5
Just checked those roads... they are further away than I thought anyway... the whole of Swan Lane is free to park along and 15 min walk away. When you said close I thought you meant really close haha, sorry :smile:

Reply 6
A 15 minute walk isn't that far away!
Reply 7
Original post by Kaje85
A 15 minute walk isn't that far away!

No it's not, I live that far away and will be walking. Walked further from halls in first year. I just thought they meant the roads literally just round the corner that did use to be free parking and right next to the uni :smile: unfortunately these are now residents parking.

Reply 8
Those who are travelling from different towns/cities have little choice but to find parking and if you are in 5 days a week it can get expensive paying for all day parking if you can't get into the Uni car parks... so I don't blame you for looking for free places.......

However, those who can walk/bus should do so. I used to live close to the city centre and it was absolutely infuriating never being able to park close to your home because students were using the street as a free car park.... do I don't blame the people who live right ontop of the Uni for wanting to get residents parking, it can be a nightmare in term times.
Reply 9
Where is this particular university carpark please ? i only know the faculty carpark, and students aren't allowed to park there, can you give me directions to it please.

Quick Reply