The Student Room Group

So Yeah, I Messed Up

Basically, I failed my first year and then the subsequent resits and now I find myself in a position of considerable panic. They won't even allow me to retake the year (though I am appealing this), and quitting uni isn't an option - how do I go about reapplying for a different course, as this was mentioned to me as an option by a tutor?
Reply 1
I assume you would need to take a year out and reapply through UCAS. Unless you can find a course through clearing sharpish at this late stage.
Reply 2
Why did you fail? not to be too nosey.
Reply 3
Original post by aharman79
Basically, I failed my first year and then the subsequent resits and now I find myself in a position of considerable panic. They won't even allow me to retake the year (though I am appealing this), and quitting uni isn't an option - how do I go about reapplying for a different course, as this was mentioned to me as an option by a tutor?

You will need to re-apply through UCAS and go through clearing. However, I wouldn't recommend you do this. New applications are only being accepted until the 20th of September and UCAS will stop advertising clearing vacanices a little after this date. You will then need to contact universities to discuss clearing vacancies yourself. The last date a university can accept a person through clearing is 22nd October.

Moreoever, many of the clearing vacancies will have gone so you might not find something completely suitable and my concern is that you will feel pressurised into chosing something inappropriate just so you can return to university this coming academic year.

A year out is probably your best option (or go to to the Open University).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending