The Student Room Group

AS Geography help!

...so I changed one of my subjects to Geography, so I need help with some work to help me catch up.

Can someone please define these words: mortality, morbidity, attack rate, case mortality, crude death rate, infant mortality rate.(would be helpful if you're doing AS Geography and are using an AS Geography book or something)

Can someone also tell me the difference between mortality and morbidity. Please can it be detailed, it's a 4 mark question.
By the way i'm doing AQA.

Thank you!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm about to go to university to study Geography so I can try and help you with some of these.
Mortality: This seems a little vague but this will be to do with the average age people die in a given area/country.
Infant mortality rate: The number of infants that die per 1000 that are born.
I'm going to assume that the crude death rate is similar to the Mortality rate and it simply means the number of people that die per 1000 of the population.
case mortality, morbidity and attack rate are all words/phrases that I am not familiar with. I did AQA at AS but I guess the syllabus has changed :/
That's as much as I can help you without completely guessing what these unfamiliar words mean, hope that helps a bit :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending