The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
what are my chances of gettin the accommodation i want??? I mean ive got a unconditional firm offer does that count for anything?:confused:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 21
You'll get accomodation but not necessarily where you want. You can't pick your halls (only 2nd and 3rd years get that luxury-and still dont necessarily get what they pick) you just choose how many weeks, what type (basin, no-basin, en-suite) and mixed or single sex.

Basically Keele can't always fit your exact 3 choices to what they have so you might get only get 1 of what you ask for. Allot of the blocks are single sex and most people request mixed, it always happens that way. People always want basins too and there aren't enough rooms with them in too.

I asked for 37weeks, with basin and mixed sex. I got 37weeks, no basin and single sex. The basin didnt bother me too much, only shared a bathroom with 10 other girls and was never a queue. Single sex was fine, we mixed well with an all lads block and at times it virtually was a mixed block but with the luxury of sending the lads (and their messyness) back to their block when we got sick of them. And getting 37weeks was brilliant-no moving all my stuff at Easter. In my opinion getting the no of weeks you want is most important.
Reply 22
I think it's all a bit of luck i mean i asked for 37 weeks, basin and mixed sex and i got all 3, although i did end up in hawthorns. I suppose there are worse places to live though. On the accomm forms there was a box with additional comments kind of thing, so if you write the halls you want to live in you *might* stand more of a chance. Just try and get the form off as quickly as possible.
Reply 23
In some of the halls (def. lindsay court) there well elevators. Can students use those or is it just for cleaners?? Would be handy when come to move ur stuff in if u didnt hav to log in up the stairs:p:
Reply 24
So you'd say the chances of getting 37-week, en-suite, mixed sex are pretty low then?!
Reply 25
i definitely want mixed sex. i get on better with girls. unless.. [oh my god ive just had the BRIGHTEST idea] theres a single building for only gay boys. now that'd be lovely. we would paint everything pink, kylie blurting out all the time, and we will all have fondue around the fire. forget football in the common room, just Legally Blonde and Fashion Tv:P:P we'd have hunk alarms that would go on when a nice guy passes by and we'd have condoms for free and a collection of sex toys:P lolo;
Reply 26
mrteacher
i definitely want mixed sex. i get on better with girls. unless.. [oh my god ive just had the BRIGHTEST idea] theres a single building for only gay boys. now that'd be lovely. we would paint everything pink, kylie blurting out all the time, and we will all have fondue around the fire. forget football in the common room, just Legally Blonde and Fashion Tv:P:P we'd have hunk alarms that would go on when a nice guy passes by and we'd have condoms for free and a collection of sex toys:P lolo;

Sounds like my sort of place too :eek: :p:
Reply 27
richyw
So you'd say the chances of getting 37-week, en-suite, mixed sex are pretty low then?!

hmmm, in a word, yes.

as far as i know there's only one en-suite block that's 37 week. all the rest are 33 week cos they use them for conferences at Easter.
Reply 28
mrteacher

Omg, you are fabulous:biggrin:

Latest