The Student Room Group

Nepotism, Mummy and Daddy.

Tbh, I am sick of hearing about people in University get jobs at the biggest firms in the world through their parents and family. They're not the best for the job, but they have 'networked' via who they were born to. It is disgusting, it's not fair, but we must accept it because the country is too docile to create a true meritocratic employment system.

And no, these kids aren't better, they are often scraping through exams even though they have had the best education money can afford. But even if they **** up, Mummy and Daddy come to help them. Yes, it's natural for a parent to do that, but it's also natural for thieves to steal bread because they are starving.

I don't like to blame the current employment system for failing its subjects, but the problem is like a disease.

And heck, I am a Tory, but I see unfairness when it is so apparent.
Reply 1
Original post by mirin?
Tbh, I am sick of hearing about people in University get jobs at the biggest firms in the world through their parents and family. They're not the best for the job, but they have 'networked' via who they were born to. It is disgusting, it's not fair, but we must accept it because the country is too docile to create a true meritocratic employment system.

And no, these kids aren't better, they are often scraping through exams even though they have had the best education money can afford. But even if they **** up, Mummy and Daddy come to help them. Yes, it's natural for a parent to do that, but it's also natural for thieves to steal bread because they are starving.

I don't like to blame the current employment system for failing its subjects, but the problem is like a disease.

And heck, I am a Tory, but I see unfairness when it is so apparent.

There are allot more really great jobs than there are really rich people. Its easy to look at the one person who had it easy and say they are the reason you had it hard. The truth is, that relative to the great big world of opportunities, their advantages have little effect on yours.

Also, here is a hot tip for you. You don't have to be rich to network. It certainly helps. However, if you are creative, innovative, calculated, and capable then you can network without a cent to your name.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending