The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

takin printer to uni

Is it worth taking a printer to uni, to have it in your room?
Depends on your subject. There will be plenty of printers around the Uni (Library, Computer Centre etc) so you can manage without one. But if you are the sort who does lots of work late at night in your room (when Library etc is likely to be shut or a long walk away) you might find a *small* printer useful.
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
Well, according to my opinion, it's not worth it.
In my Uni I pay 3p/page and the printers in the library are faster and I believe it's worth it, as with your own printer you should buy new inks all the time, which is a rip off.
On the other side there are some people saying that it is better to have a printer, because it is more convinient to have it in your room:rolleyes:
Original post by alexkol
In my Uni...

For general advice maybe but I think the OP wanted specific advise about the printing situation in Aber. These thing will differ between uni's, so in Leeds Uni it may be perfectly fine to live without one, in Aber it may not be. I don't know myself as I start this year but I'll still be taking a printer to be on the safe side.
Reply 4
Original post by The Optimistic Ram
For general advice maybe but I think the OP wanted specific advise about the printing situation in Aber. These thing will differ between uni's, so in Leeds Uni it may be perfectly fine to live without one, in Aber it may not be. I don't know myself as I start this year but I'll still be taking a printer to be on the safe side.

Fair enough, but I think all the Unis have printers in the libraries and I still believe that you will do perfectly with that. Even when it is really late at night and I need to print sth for the next day, I just go to the library in the morning and print it!
Well, there are people everywhere that are using their own printers and I keep telling them that it is a waste of money and time, as they are slower. They agree with me, but they admit that they cannot move their ass to go to the library and print it :tongue: :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest