The Student Room Group

Do medical schools accept repeat applicants?

Hi there peeps,

I'm applying to medical school this year and I'm very nervous that my ucas won't be fantastic or that somewhere along the line my application is rubbish!

I just want to be realistic and find out if medical schools accept repeat applications in case I don't get in first time around. I've tried looking at UCAS and the med school websites but I can't find anywhere that specifies if they don't take repeat applications but want to be sure!

I'd appreciate any help with this.

Lulabella :smile:
Original post by lulabelle_84
I'm applying to medical school this year and I'm very nervous that my ucas won't be fantastic or that somewhere along the line my application is rubbish!

I just want to be realistic and find out if medical schools accept repeat applications in case I don't get in first time around. I've tried looking at UCAS and the med school websites but I can't find anywhere that specifies if they don't take repeat applications but want to be sure!

I can recall one university which said that if they rejected you at interview, there was no point in re-applying. I can't tell you if that is a common policy, but it seems likely.

On the other hand, another said that if you failed at the UKCAT hurdle, you could come back next year with a better UKCAT score. Again, it may be a one-off or it may be widespread.

The best way to be sure would be to phone them or email them.
They do let you apply again, although some might be funny if it was a post interview rejection, not sure what ones - you'd need to look into that yourself. I can recall St Andrews saying if you don't get in after two tries they won't consider your application again.
But Aberdeen doesn't mind, got rejected last year but heading off there this weekend to start medicine :biggrin:
Yes, some of them like them in fact. Queens Belfast, Exeter and Plymouth give preference to reapplicants and some others welcome a second application to them.
Reply 4
Check out medical school resit policies here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_Resit_Policies

e: Sorry, I misunderstood. You mean applying to the same university after being rejected, right? Most medical schools allow this when you've been rejected before interview but the majority do not allow you to reapply when you have been rejected after interview.
(edited 11 years ago)
what do you mean when you say repeat? For example do you mean someone reapplying to the same university having been rejected or resitting ALevels?
Original post by clad in armour
what do you mean when you say repeat? For example do you mean someone reapplying to the same university having been rejected or resitting ALevels?

Do you know any universities that accept applications from people resitting the A-level?
Your help will be really appreciated. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Coolchick779

Do you know any universities that accept applications from people resitting the A-level?
Your help will be really appreciated. :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_Resit_Policies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending