The Student Room Group

Kings EMDP 2013 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by This Honest
Compared to the national average 620ish and the scores on TSR, pretty low but oh well :biggrin:
Yeah I friend of mine got 560 last year and still got into cardiff

PS is fine. PS helpers said it was good :wink: I think I've covered most (if not all) the non academic req kings want

How's your PS?

How's your application going? :smile:

welll... that is where my prob is ..but the tsr helpers have provided wit some advice on where to edit some parts ....

the thing is mine is about personal experience but some of my teachers just hate the fact it being that ......
Reply 21
Original post by louci
welll... that is where my prob is ..but the tsr helpers have provided wit some advice on where to edit some parts ....

the thing is mine is about personal experience but some of my teachers just hate the fact it being that ......

Trust the PS helpers here, they know what they're talking about
Teachers generally don't give great advice on medicine PS...medicine is vocational! :lol:
Reply 22
Original post by louci
ehy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck to u too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how is appl going ???

How's your application going? :smile:

Its going alright so far! Hopefully it goes well. All I can do is focus on my grades right now to be honest. Oh and make sure my ps is as good as it could be! What about you guys, hows it going?
Reply 23
Trust the PS helpers here, they know what they're talking about
Teachers generally don't give great advice on medicine PS...medicine is vocational! :lol:

ahha thanks !!
nah ..it is just that i like the way i've written my ps ...it iis just some sentences that i need to sharpen up a little ..too long ...lol.....welll... yah .......

last year ..where did u apply?/u have such good marks for all u a levels !!
Reply 24
Original post by Satta101
Its going alright so far! Hopefully it goes well. All I can do is focus on my grades right now to be honest. Oh and make sure my ps is as good as it could be! What about you guys, hows it going?

All good. PS is pretty much finished. Reference needs to be done. Still doing my volunteering which is nice.
:yeah:
Reply 25
Original post by Satta101

it is going ok..liek u said ...i just need to focus on my grades lol
Reply 26
Original post by louci
ahha thanks !!
nah ..it is just that i like the way i've written my ps ...it iis just some sentences that i need to sharpen up a little ..too long ...lol.....welll... yah .......

last year ..where did u apply?/u have such good marks for all u a levels !!

Have an english teacher to have a look. My former english teacher had a look last week and sent me her edited version this morning fixing up some words, sentence structure, made it better!

Last year I applied to Keele, BSMS, Liverpool and Imperial
3 of those were PS heavy uni's...after reading my PS I submitted last year, I feel like slapping myself :nothing:
Reply 27
Have an english teacher to have a look. My former english teacher had a look last week and sent me her edited version this morning fixing up some words, sentence structure, made it better!

Last year I applied to Keele, BSMS, Liverpool and Imperial
3 of those were PS heavy uni's...after reading my PS I submitted last year, I feel like slapping myself :nothing:

ahah ...lol...well... ...i just hope ..u know ..i get in this year .......
do u have advice u could give me about this first time application process???
Reply 28
My PS has to do the talking, not my grades :tongue:
:lol: 575 :cry2: mucked up QR, smashed DA, AR/VR meh :juggle:

Egh me too, QR was a pain :grumble:
Reply 29
Original post by louci
ahah ...lol...well... ...i just hope ..u know ..i get in this year .......
do u have advice u could give me about this first time application process???

Not really since you've done your UKCAT and PS. Just make sure you ace your exams! Do well in Jan to take the pressure off in June. For example, I was chilled about my chem and maths exam in june but for bio, i was worked up!

Original post by ranbow99
Egh me too, QR was a pain :grumble:

Oh that's a shame. What was your average score ranbow99? :smug:
Reply 30
All good. PS is pretty much finished. Reference needs to be done. Still doing my volunteering which is nice.
:yeah:

Ah, thats good. My PS is in the same stage actually. Just getting loads of people to look over it now.

Original post by louci
it is going ok..liek u said ...i just need to focus on my grades lol

Yep! Thats the only thing we can control now!
Reply 31

Oh that's a shame. What was your average score ranbow99? :smug:

Think it was about 234...? Can't really remember, the day I got my results for that was a blur!
Reply 32
Think it was about 234...? Can't really remember, the day I got my results for that was a blur!

:rofl: Just delete your post, you can't get that score! :rofl:
Reply 33
:rofl: Just delete your post, you can't get that score! :rofl:

Sorry I was thinking of another test! I got 340, so still really bad!! :frown:
Reply 34
Sorry I was thinking of another test! I got 340, so still really bad!! :frown:

Sorry to hear, what was your breakdown in VR, QR, AR, DA? :beard:
Reply 35
Sorry to hear, what was your breakdown in VR, QR, AR, DA? :beard:

You don't want to know, it's too bad and i'm embarrassed about it!

I screwed up big time :emo:
Reply 36
You don't want to know, it's too bad and i'm embarrassed about it!

I screwed up big time :emo:

Alright then :h:
See ya another time :biggrin:
Reply 37
Alright then :h:
See ya another time :biggrin:

How did you do? :beard:
Reply 38
How did you do? :beard:

It's on page 1, have a look, don't wanna repeat it :plz2:
:biggrin: Sweet!

GCSEs: 4A*s 6As
A-level:AAA
UKCAT: awful lol

My school said I'm eligible to apply to here, one person got an interview last year at my school, so they told me to apply here

Hey there! Im thinking about applying for it as well, but can you apply if you have a 3 A prediction?! And I was just wondering, as you stats are so good (Alevel wise) why aren't you applying for the standard 5 year courses? Just wondering, as I contemplating applying for this. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending