The Student Room Group

Kate Middleton Pictures Discussion

Poll

Is it acceptable to take these kind of photos?

So, the internet is exploding with these pictures of Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, without her bikini top on.

The pictures were taken from a boat at sea, using an amazingly long scope on the camera. As a result, they are fairly unflattering, low quality, and were also taken invasively whilst she was on private property.

Now I assume everyone will agree it's pretty evils. Many are now having a little fap session, thanks to sites like 'Lad Bible' spreading it around everywhere.

That aside, what are your thoughts on this? Is it bad? Not bad? Was the french magazine right to publish them?

On a side note, I think it's really a shame that it's such a bad thing when it's HRH, but so many actresses and celebrities are practically molested by cameras on a daily basis.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

It was pretty naive of them to trust the media.
Outrageous, we should invade France.
Reply 3
That said, the british media decided not to purchase the photos.

I just find it weird that they have the decency / are coerced into when it's Kate, but every other celeb is fair hunting : /
Reply 4
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
That said, the british media decided not to purchase the photos.

I just find it weird that they have the decency / are coerced into when it's Kate, but every other celeb is fair hunting : /

That's because everyone likes Kate.

The last thing they want is a backlash by their customers which would damage their reputation and sales.
I can understand the fuss but can somebody tell me why we are so afraid of women's boobs in general?

I'm no exhibitionist but I have nipples, so do women, theirs aren't much different so why do we get so upset about it? Why aren't we upset about poor William and his nipples?

Somebody enlighten me.
Original post by tehforum
That's because everyone likes Kate.

The last thing they want is a backlash by their customers which would damage their reputation and sales.

It's amazing how being married into royalty automatically puts you on a pedestal. Wear pretty dresses, smile for the camera and wahla, you're the next coming of Christ.

Edit - hate all you want but it's the truth.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Agenda Suicide
I can understand the fuss but can somebody tell me why we are so afraid of women's boobs in general?

I'm no exhibitionist but I have nipples, so do women, theirs aren't much different so why do we get so upset about it? Why aren't we upset about poor William and his nipples?

Somebody enlighten me.

They're not just breasts....they're royal breasts.
Original post by Iamyourfather
They're not just breasts....they're royal breasts.

I said that, I understand the fuss, I'm talking about breasts in general, hence saying in general...?
Don't see the fuss, her tits aren't anything special tbh
Reply 10
It had to be the French, didn't it? :rolleyes:
Reply 11

Somebody enlighten me.

Women's boobs are sexual stimuli, mens aren't.

i.e. Men are sexually aroused by womens breasts, as they fit a 'primary trigger' shape that sets glands-a-going.

So they were covered in the long ago-s to stop men becoming aroused too much, when women were vulnerable to rape and assault on a more regular basis.

Back on topic, I hope the backlash from this will have repercussions for other paparazzi molesters..
I said that, I understand the fuss, I'm talking about breasts in general, hence saying in general...?

They're associated with sex. I don't think William wants other men gawking at his wife. Also, it's the context at which these pictures were taken. I think there was an agreement between the royal family and the media not to take and publish intimate snap shots of them while on holiday. As this agreement has been broken, they have the right to sue.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Iamyourfather
They're associated with sex. I don't think William wants other men gawking at his wife. Also, it's the context at which these pictures were taken. I think there was an agreement between the royal family and the media not to take and publish intimate snap shots of them while on holiday. As this agreement has been broken. They have the right to sue.

Hope they do, sets an amazing precedent for others to use.
What's wrong with giving people a bit of privacy these days.. she's a member of the royal family, but that does not mean that the public need to know the ins and outs of their personal life. Photographers should give people some respect.
Reply 15
After two years of nauseating praise from all corners it is about time something happened to these two bores to bring them back down to earth. Other pointless celebrities are exposed to this treatment so why shouldn't they?
Reply 16
Original post by SirJimothy
After two years of nauseating praise from all corners it is about time something happened to these two bores to bring them back down to earth. Other pointless celebrities are exposed to this treatment so why shouldn't they?

To be honest, I thought it was amazing that the press could restrain themselves for one person/couple. I hoped it might get them to act better with other celebs and treat everyone a bit better.
Nice rack.
I'm not interested in these pictures in the slightest.

Now if there was a POV video of her like Tulisa :sexface:
Reply 19
Original post by Foghorn Leghorn
Nice rack.

To be honest, such a bad photo of her like this. Trust them damn frogs :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending