The Student Room Group

The Lad Bible

Scroll to see replies

If it's taken as a joke then it's fine, but if people take it seriously then it's pretty pathetic. I'm sure we joke about far worse things when we're with our friends which we don't actually mean, so I don't really see the problem.
Reply 21
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
The simple truth is that it will still impact people, and still influence them to some degree. I'll grant that the majority of people I see are idiots, but I do find it worrying that it's now not only ok, but expected, to use a get back in thekitchen line if a girl does something on her own.

So your opinion is to censor ANY material that might EVER negatively affect people to any degree?
Reply 22
Original post by dgeorge
So your opinion is to censor ANY material that might EVER negatively affect people to any degree?

Didn't say that, chill out :P

Just wanted to hear thoughts on it :wink:
Highly doubt many people take it seriously.

Although, anyone that calls themselves 'a lad' in real life is a douchebag.
Original post by AH94
I guess there's also a 'lass bible'... so they both cancel each other out?

One of the most recent comments on the 'Lass Bible', is :

"This Page will never be as good as the LAD Bible, js."
29 people like this.

Other person: "only 1,109,000 behind, give it chance!"

Guy who made first comment: "Haha"

Some other guy: "This is just a book full of recipies"

A book I recently read called these "get back in the kitchen" jokes as sarcastic sexism, it's hard to detect, but it's there. My partner and his friends often use these, the first time I was like "haha, funny, I see you're making a joke", but after the fifth or sixth time in the same day I'm like "seriously, shut up and go make your own damn sandwich".

The LAD Bible should just be a bit of fun, but some people take it too seriously :/
Reply 25
lol this is certainly interesting... some great stories on there too.

Check this one out for example:

...my mate tells me he wants me to come to the pub tomorrow and meet his new wench...So the next day I went out with my new found wench, had a top night, took her home, did my LAD business and away she went. Next day I went to meet the LAD's new wench...he was sat down with a somewhat familiar wench to the one I doinked yesterday.

:lolz:

Just seems to be somewhere that guys can actually celebrate being real guys and not gays :top:

Seems like a fun place :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
The Lad Bible is for infantile imbeciles.

A proper gentleman follows the Art of Manliness
Not really into it. The whole hashtagging of #'insertrandomword'LAD doesn't really appeal to me
Refer to above post, *sigh*

Original post by Lunch_Box
complainingLAD
It was quite funny a while back, but now its just highly repeatative and the novelty really has worn off. Also I am highly suspious of the artistic license used in some of the "tales"; for example "wench gets LAD bf 4 way for 21st".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
youtell'emLAD

but for real it's for losers
Reply 31
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
Didn't say that, chill out :P

Just wanted to hear thoughts on it :wink:

That's cool, I was just trying to get to the crux of your reply to my post.
Reply 32
this is so sad. getting drunk and waking up the next day with a hangover..get a life.
Reply 33
You people take things far too seriously. It's a joke.

No-one reads that page and thinks 'This is how I shall live my life!'
Reply 34
Original post by Steevee

No-one reads that page and thinks 'This is how I shall live my life!'

They don't?!
Reply 35
Its meant to be a joke.....
I used to find some of the jokes quite funny but it's getting boring and annoying now.. especially when people take it seriously.
Reply 37
For all the people posting 'It's meant to be a joke' please read first, I used examples of other jokes that people take seriously. Unless you want to argue against me saying the majority of the world are actually idiots? :P
Reply 38
People its just a joke stop taking it all so personally, calm down.
Always see this pop up on my Facebook ok but had no idea what it was for a long time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending