The Student Room Group

should I apply imperial maths?

AS:Got 3As in chemistry,economics,chinese and an A* in maths
A2: doing further math and chemistry ( predicted A* and A) + preparing for STEP paper

Is there any chance of getting offer from imperial if I am doing 3 subjects + STEP instead of 4 subjects ?
Reply 1
The normal offer by Imperial is something like A*A*A (Maths and FM included). You have/are going to have 3 A levels so I can't see the problem.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Original post by ethelcht
A2: doing further math and chemistry ( predicted A* and A) + preparing for STEP paper

Is there any chance of getting offer from imperial if I am doing 3 subjects + STEP instead of 4 subjects ?

You are predicted to meet the offer so of course you have a chance of getting an offer. If you are taking STEP though you will probably be expected to get a Grade 2, whilst if you don't then apparently they don't care about it, so think carefully about taking STEP and applying to Imperial in the same year (unless it is required for another offer or you are very confident of getting a 2)
Should I apply Imperial
Shall I go Tesco
Let's go cinema

Learn to use the work "to"!!!! :smile:
Original post by ethelcht

Yes, there's a chance. I'd call them up and discuss stuff though. I have an A* in Maths and most unis wanted 3 subjects in my second year so that I wouldn't slack off.

Also, if you're a native chinese speaker, your A in chinese is very unlikely to count for much at all.

Quick Reply

Latest