The Student Room Group

Dietetics 2013 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by heather_95
Hi,

Just to update, last week I got interviews for Surrey and Chester and a conditional from Coventry for BBB. Well done to everyone else with offers/interviews!

Does anyone have any idea what the group work is for Chester? I'm guessing a discussion on a topic but no idea what the topic could be!! very very nervous....:/

Well done Heather! I've got interviews for London Met and Cardiff. My guess for the group work would be that they'll pose a topic which is relevant to Dietetics (i.e something topical) and ask the group to discuss and come up with some conclusions/recommendations together. This will be testing your knowledge as well as your ability to work in a group under time constraints.

Perhaps something about managing the obesity crisis or the importance of adequate hospital nutrition?

Hope that helps! And don't be nervous, be yourself, the more relaxed you are the better! Ali x
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 81
Original post by heather_95
Hi,

Just to update, last week I got interviews for Surrey and Chester and a conditional from Coventry for BBB. Well done to everyone else with offers/interviews!

Does anyone have any idea what the group work is for Chester? I'm guessing a discussion on a topic but no idea what the topic could be!! very very nervous....:/

I have got the same! When are your interviews for surrey and chester?
Reply 82
Hi, I have applied to do dietetics at KCL, Surrey, Nottingham, Plymouth and Hertfordshire.
Just heard I have an interview at KCL for January - sounds quite a full day, has anyone heard back from them?
Reply 83
Original post by RoseMil
Hi, I have applied to do dietetics at KCL, Surrey, Nottingham, Plymouth and Hertfordshire.
Just heard I have an interview at KCL for January - sounds quite a full day, has anyone heard back from them?

I did as well, but I can't go because it's in the middle of my exam period so I just requested another day. I'm applying to the same unis as you apart from Coventry instead of Plymouth :smile: Have you got interviews from any of the others yet?
Hi, I want to apply for Dietetics during next year's application cycle, and am currently deciding on what Access Course to enrol on. If anyone has applied for Dietetics successfully through an Access Course, could you please get in touch. Thanks in advance. :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by lollipopX
I did as well, but I can't go because it's in the middle of my exam period so I just requested another day. I'm applying to the same unis as you apart from Coventry instead of Plymouth :smile: Have you got interviews from any of the others yet?

No just KCL so far, luckily for me the interview is just after all my exams :smile: Have you heard from Surrey or Nottingham yet?
Reply 86
Original post by Buxtons
Hello everyone,

Just a query about gaining entry to BSc Dietetics and Nutrition, I am seriously considering applying at Chester for next year however I am currently in the last year of a BSc computer related degree, I am motivated to finish this degree however I've had a lifelong interest in food and human nutrition in particular, and probably spend more time researching about that than I do about my own degree!

The problem is I'm not sure if they would accept me, I would have a science related degree although it is computer related, and I have previous completed an access course which got me into university in the first place, I'm a mature student (24 y/o) What I'm querying is if does has anyone have any kind of inkling on what my chances of being accepted were?

Thankyou.

From what I gather and my application it's based more on experience and interest in the subject- to an extent you need to have some biological/chemical knowledge, or a way of proving you can work to that level, but from there it's all about experience. If you have the level of interest you've describe I would recommend shadowing a Dietitian if you can, and maybe doing a personal project of your choice (nutrition related) to show them :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by RoseMil
No just KCL so far, luckily for me the interview is just after all my exams :smile: Have you heard from Surrey or Nottingham yet?

I've got an interview at Surrey next week on wednesday and I just heard back from Nottingham saying I've got one on the 30th Jan.. Some say they might offer interview but don't always so I'm kind of glad Coventry gave me an offer without one :smile: I'm sure the interviews and offers will be coming in soon for you :wink:
Reply 88
This is such a tense time, waiting for offers!!

but i've just have two interview emails - chester on the 19th of dec and KCL on the 17th of jan....
anyone else have interviews these days?
Good luck to everyone who has their interview on Wednesday for Surrey! :smile:
Reply 90
Got my interview for Cardiff Met on wednesday :s-smilie:, Surrey on 16th Jan, and had to email King's to ask for another date because I have an exam the day before and after the 17th Jan...I hope they don't mind. Haven't heard anything from Notts and Plymouth
Reply 91
I've applied to Nottingham, KCL, Surrey, Plymouth and Hertfordshire for dietetics. I got a rejection from KCL a few days ago which was disappointing but haven't heard from anyone else, so a bit worried. Also, didn't get a chance to go and view nottingham and surrey. can anyone tell me if they liked/disliked them? which seemed better?
Original post by agorec
I've applied to Nottingham, KCL, Surrey, Plymouth and Hertfordshire for dietetics. I got a rejection from KCL a few days ago which was disappointing but haven't heard from anyone else, so a bit worried. Also, didn't get a chance to go and view nottingham and surrey. can anyone tell me if they liked/disliked them? which seemed better?

Hi there, sorry to hear about KCL's decision. I'm thinking of applying there next year, through an Access Course, but it sounds like it will be tough to get in. Do you have any thoughts on why your application might not have been successful there?

Good luck with your other choices.
Reply 93
Original post by agorec

I applied to Surrey, KCL and Nottingham as well :smile: I prefer Surrey to Nottingham because it's not as rural and the campus is beautiful!! The campus for Nottingham isn't actually in Nottingham it's in Loughborough (just for biosciences). You might want to check out which course you like more because Nottingham has slightly different modules because their course is a Masters. Apparently the party life is at the main campus for Nottingham and I hear its not too far (I think its under 30 minutes). But both unis are relatively quiet if that's what you like and the staff are nice too, well from what I saw at the open days :wink:
Reply 94
Hey, I was just wondering was anyone at the Dietetics interview today (12/12/12) at Cardiff Met?
I was!! I was the lanky looking one who probably looked like a miserable bum all day because I was pretty nervous.

How did everyone find it!?
Reply 95
Had my cardiff met interview...it was ok, quite tricky but could have been worse! and came home to an offer from plymouth :smile:
Reply 96
Original post by iamvick
Hey, I was just wondering was anyone at the Dietetics interview today (12/12/12) at Cardiff Met?
I was!! I was the lanky looking one who probably looked like a miserable bum all day because I was pretty nervous.

How did everyone find it!?

I was there too :smile:!! it seems like a really good course there! how did you find the interview?? I found it quite challenging even though they only asked me about 4 questions lol...but I guess it could have been worse and it did help that the two interviewers were lovely
Reply 97
Hi, i have applied to Cardiff met for Dietetics and have taken a slight chance by only applying to one Uni due to circumstances. I bet the interviewees today have taken all the places available (so no space for me, paha) and you prob all did very well. Hoping i will get an interview at start of next year, finger crossed. How long did your interviews last and is it as scary as i imagine. Havent got a clue what to expect. Going on the experience day on the 21st so looking forward to that. Wish i had done my UCAS form earlier then it would all be over by now, lol! Good luck to all who had interviews today though :smile:
Reply 98
Original post by xxZazxx
I was there too :smile:!! it seems like a really good course there! how did you find the interview?? I found it quite challenging even though they only asked me about 4 questions lol...but I guess it could have been worse and it did help that the two interviewers were lovely

Haha I am sure you have done a lot better than you actually think. They're gonna be aware that everyone is nervous!
I found the interview really good - I think I blabbed on a little bit though but like you said I had a really lovely woman who didn't seem to mind. I also had the woman that looked like Joan Collins.. she was a little bit less smiley but ah well.

I think as long as you've answered honestly and the best that you can that's all you can ask for! Good luck! What's your first choice uni do you think?

EDIT: Just seen that you've got an offer from Plymouth too! FANTASTIC! Congrats! I'm applying there too but haven't heard anything except for an email saying they've received my application
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 99
Original post by njones60
Hi, i have applied to Cardiff met for Dietetics and have taken a slight chance by only applying to one Uni due to circumstances. I bet the interviewees today have taken all the places available (so no space for me, paha) and you prob all did very well. Hoping i will get an interview at start of next year, finger crossed. How long did your interviews last and is it as scary as i imagine. Havent got a clue what to expect. Going on the experience day on the 21st so looking forward to that. Wish i had done my UCAS form earlier then it would all be over by now, lol! Good luck to all who had interviews today though :smile:

DON'T PANIC!! They're having another interview day in February - they're just spreading out the interview process. They said they won't be choosing candidates until they know how many places they've got. You have as much chance as anyone else and btw I didn't get invited until about 2 weeks before the interview so it can be a last minute thing!!

Quick Reply

Latest