The Student Room Group

Any VW fans?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Nice.Guy
I
:eek: why'd you get rid of an R32 for a normal golf??

Running costs are very high due to petrol costs and road tax. The VR32 is a great engine but it is very inefficient, you are talking 20 mpg real world. I just couldn't justify that, but I've got the fast car bug out of my system now, one I could justify it.
Reply 41
Original post by DotDotCurve
Audi are owned by the Volkswagen Group, so they go hand in hand.

Hmm. I couldn't really disagree more.
If someone started talking about Jaguars, I wouldn't really start talking about Tata cars, because they are very different. Even if Jaguar are owned by Tata... :rolleyes:

Original post by snozzle
Running costs are very high due to petrol costs and road tax. The VR32 is a great engine but it is very inefficient, you are talking 20 mpg real world. I just couldn't justify that, but I've got the fast car bug out of my system now, one I could justify it.

20mpg? Didn't expect it to be that low :tongue: New gen golf is a great car, it's a good choice :wink:
If someone started talking about Jaguars, I wouldn't really start talking about Tata cars, because they are very different. Even if Jaguar are owned by Tata... :rolleyes:

20mpg? Didn't expect it to be that low :tongue: New gen golf is a great car, it's a good choice :wink:

I meant it more in a way that most car forums you go on, they are all talked about as one. Such as Pistonheads and R32OC.

Thats not a fair comparison, Audi is very much part of the VAG group as it was called. A lot of the cars share the same platforms and engines along with Seat, Skoda etc. I own a mk1 Seat Leon and that shares the engine from a VW golf and has the same dash as a mk1 Audi a3.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 44

Bad example - Audi and VW share engines, platforms, and the majority of components. The current VW Golf is on the same platform as the Audi A3, TT, Q3, Skoda Octavia, Yeti etc etc.

Jaguar and Tata don't share platforms / components with each other so it isn't the same idea - Tata just own them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending