The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Official Thread: Lancaster University Applicants 2013

Hi guys!

Thought I would make an early thread for those going into Year 13 and thinking about applying to Lancaster, and those who secured a place to start in 2013 (gappies woo!)

We can all have a chat here and answer each others questions :smile:

Anyway, my name is Alex and I have secured a place at Lancaster to study Media and Culture studies starting in 2013 after getting grades of AAC (offer was ABB)

Dont be shy :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh my days, yes! I was wondering if anyone was going to be starting a 2013 applicants thread! :biggrin:

I'm looking to apply this autumn and hopefully head to Lancaster next September, just got to do alright in exams next June! AAA is going to be pretty darn tough... Anyone else applying for financial maths or accounting & finance & maths? :ahee:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi! i've firmed Lancaster for Accounting and finance in 2013!
Reply 3
Original post by rw16
Hi! i've firmed Lancaster for Accounting and finance in 2013!

Sweet! Might see you in some lectures if I go for the Mathematics and Accounting & Finance course and manage to get the grades :P
Reply 4
I'm thinking of applying to start next september for electrical engineering, think I'm going to go to an open day first though. Just hope it looks good when i get there because I'm really excited for uni ( even if it is a year away :biggrin: )
Reply 5
Original post by matty1794
I'm thinking of applying to start next september for electrical engineering, think I'm going to go to an open day first though. Just hope it looks good when i get there because I'm really excited for uni ( even if it is a year away :biggrin: )

Know what you mean! I'm getting incredibly excited too :biggrin:

I went with my school and stayed on campus for a few days with some lectures. Thought the campus was fantastic and got to know my way around a bit in the couple of days I was there too! Personally I don't think you'll be disappointed in the campus... Hope it lives uo to expectation for you :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by eimmas
Know what you mean! I'm getting incredibly excited too :biggrin:

I went with my school and stayed on campus for a few days with some lectures. Thought the campus was fantastic and got to know my way around a bit in the couple of days I was there too! Personally I don't think you'll be disappointed in the campus... Hope it lives uo to expectation for you :smile:

I'm sure it will, ive heard good things about it so fingers crossed :smile:
Hiya!:smile:

Applying this autumn for architecture!
Hopefully I'll get into Manchester/Sheffield :biggrin:
AAA either way! Let the hard work begin :/
Reply 8
Original post by smartieslover
Hiya!:smile:

Applying this autumn for architecture!
Hopefully I'll get into Manchester/Sheffield :biggrin:
AAA either way! Let the hard work begin :/

Still struggling to see as to why you posted this in a Lancaster forum... :P
Original post by eimmas
Still struggling to see as to why you posted this in a Lancaster forum... :P

OMGSH LOOOOOOL, I must've been blind :L,
Sorry ! :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by eimmas
Sweet! Might see you in some lectures if I go for the Mathematics and Accounting & Finance course and manage to get the grades :P

Nice. Where're you from!
Reply 11
Original post by smartieslover
OMGSH LOOOOOOL, I must've been blind :L,
Sorry ! :biggrin:

It's alright! Just thought I'd point out incase you wondered in the future, hehe.

Original post by rw16
Nice. Where're you from!

The Isle of Man, so just a nice 4 hour boat trip +bus/car to Lancaster :P How about you?
Will be applying this October for their Computer Science (with or without the Study Abroad program)! Anyone here doing the same course?

I wish you guys the best in your A-Levels. I personally won't do A Levels as I'm already a college student in the Philippines and I've been told that I can apply for direct entry in Lancaster. Hope we'll all get in!
Reply 13
Original post by eimmas

The Isle of Man, so just a nice 4 hour boat trip +bus/car to Lancaster :P How about you?

Singapore. Kinda wondering if there'll be discrimination if I go there
Reply 14
Original post by rw16

Why would there be discrimination? They'res a large Asian population at the uni.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire
Reply 15
Original post by rw16

I highly doubt there'd be discrimination! Lancaster, like pretty much all unis in the UK now, seems to have a pretty big international student population :smile:
Most Unis prioritize their International Students because there's no limit in the number of International Students that they can admit (Unlike British/Home students). We should all expect to hear some racial slurs every once in a while
Reply 17
Im taking a gap year and reapplying for uni next year, missed my AAB offer :frown: Gunna improve my A level grades hopefully to AAAB (i got BBBC) as an external candidate at my college and it would be great to try and get the A*AA scholorship. Getting a part time job at the same time and gunna make the most out of the year. Sorted. :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by 3DDY
Im taking a gap year and reapplying for uni next year, missed my AAB offer :frown: Gunna improve my A level grades hopefully to AAAB (i got BBBC) as an external candidate at my college and it would be great to try and get the A*AA scholorship. Getting a part time job at the same time and gunna make the most out of the year. Sorted. :smile:

Sweet, good luck with improving your grades hopefully! :biggrin:
What course are you going to be reapplying for?
I'm looking at applying to do Maths with a year abroad G103 typical offer is AAA I believe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending