The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 1
fonzievision
KCL still has Extra places for Geography.

I got an offer for English and accepted it, but am thinking it is the wrong path for me. I am thinking of switching to geography -- Do you think they'll accept this? Who should I speak to?

I think you will be able to switch to geography, providing you have an a-level in geography. I'm at kings now, and usually they have a fare few places available through clearing. I'd recommend that you call the admissions dept for advice, it shouldn't be a problem. Or just wait till you get to kings, then switch in the first week. I know plenty of people here that have done that.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
I did exactly the same thing!!! (though I had been rejected first of all for law and then decided geog was for me). I got in touch with the head admissions tutor (Dr Donald McNeil) and basically told him my situation, told him my grades and UMS + unit marks for geog (my grades I think were the deciding factor), he then got back to me and said no problem and made me an offer the next day. It was pretty simple, you should have no problem.

Latest