Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Mature student starting Edge hill uni.... scared !?!

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    Just wondering if there are any mature students starting Edge Hill uni this Sept? I'm kinda worried I'll be the oldest on my course.
    I'm doing Sports Therapy by the way.
    Any replies would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicfletch)
    Hi all,
    Just wondering if there are any mature students starting Edge Hill uni this Sept? I'm kinda worried I'll be the oldest on my course.
    I'm doing Sports Therapy by the way.
    Any replies would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Are you over 40 or under 40?

(I'm not going to Edge Hill btw, just wondered what was defined as 'old')
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha Im 25.
    will feel like Im 40 if Im the only mature student on my course.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicfletch)
    Haha Im 25.
    will feel like Im 40 if Im the only mature student on my course.
    25? Seriously, stop worrying. No-one will even notice.

You could always email the course tutor or someone and ask how many mature students will doing the course this year.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am going to Edge Hill too. I am only doing Part time. I am 38 don't worry about it. Can't wait to get started now. I don't think I am doing the freshers nights out thou. I am a bit too old now.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentforlife)
    I am going to Edge Hill too. I am only doing Part time. I am 38 don't worry about it. Can't wait to get started now. I don't think I am doing the freshers nights out thou. I am a bit too old now.
    Holy ****! :eek: What have been you doing during 20-37 years of your life?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Holy ****! :eek: What have been you doing during 20-37 years of your life?
    Thats a bit rude :eek:.

He's probably been living life to the full. During those same years I lived in three different countries and had a really exciting career. Mature students come with far more than just age, don't assume that because we didn't do the university thing when we were kids that we've been living a wasted life.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jami74)
    Thats a bit rude :eek:.

1-He's probably been living life to the full. During those same years I lived in three different countries and 2-had a really exciting career. 3-Mature students come with far more than just age, 4-don't assume that because we didn't do the university thing when we were kids that we've been living a wasted life.
    Why is it a bit rude? I just showed surprised. Is that rude?

1- Or maybe he has not been doing so. Don't make unwarranted assumptions.

2- Yet you left that exciting career.

3- So do we, "immature" students.

4- That's an unjustified assumption of yours. I never suggested nor implied that. All I said was that being 38 years old is quite old for a student. That is true, if age is something you feel uncomfortable with, maybe your experienced life didn't give you a much needed self-esteem after all.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    For your information Juichiro I have a BTEC National Diploma in Performing Arts and a BTEC HND in Performing Arts (Music) I also work full- time and an Semi pro musician. Alot has changed within the Music Industry with the past few years. I need to update my skills set thats why I am going back to Uni now.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentforlife)
    For your information Juichiro I have a BTEC National Diploma in Performing Arts and a BTEC HND in Performing Arts (Music) I also work full- time and an Semi pro musician. Alot has changed within the Music Industry with the past few years. I need to update my skills set thats why I am going back to Uni now.
    Really??? :eek:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.