The Student Room Group

Help with Geog exam question!!

Hi there having been set a couple of exam questions to do as an introduction to the AS Level Geography Course but I am stuck with what to write.

The question is:

With reference to specific examples discuss the view that globalisation has improved average living standards in the UK as a trend over the last thirty years.

I understand what the question is asking but need some help on what to put.

Many Thanks
Hi, I am guessing you are doing AQA? Anyway even if you're not, I always structured my essays like this:

Define key points in question and explain what you are going to discuss in the question (so define globalisation and outline your key points)

In your case, you now need to discuss what the trend has been over time and why, i.e. globalisation has increased over the last 30 years due to...increased movement of people, new technology etc. give evidence for your reasons

Then do points for and against - so reasons why it has improved living standards and then another paragraph on reasons why it may have worsened living standards and what the effects of this could be

Then conclude has it or hasn't it improved living standards in the UK and back this up with reasons/stats

You can probably get loads of info from your textbooks (if you have them yet) and research some facts if you need to. Hope this helps, I did geography a-level and am now about to do a geography degree.
Hi thanks so much, helped a bunch!! Good luck with the degree :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending