The Student Room Group

Repeating 1st Year, But On A Different Course.

Hi all.

My current status is that I have failed a few modules in my first year, I have been allowed to repeat the year. What I had done before was to talk to the programme leader (of the course I wish to take) and he said that I should wait for my referall results and then see him

I will be seeing him tomorrow morning, once I've re-enrolled I plan to tackle the student finance application (again), I'm aware there's a year (+1) safety net so that's a big plus for me I suppose. I have few questions:

1) Is it best for me to contact student finance by phone letting them know I'm retaking 1st year, same uni, but on a different course, or is there another method I can make use of, at the moment it seems my account online won't let me change much, and I don't want to mess anything up.

2)I'll be applying for a grant, on the Student finance website, there is no clear place that I can just apply for a grant (unless I've missed a link somewhere), also must I get a support application from both my parents? (I really hate the User interface as well, links will help me greatly)

Sorry for the length, my parents have been nagging me about student finance (especially the grant since I never applied for one last year as I had a job with steady income), I just want the transition to be as smooth and efficient as possible.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Did you not apply for the grant already before June?

Go to your application, change the year of your course to 1, put in the tuition fee you will need (if its just a few modules then it will be less than the normal amount) and that should be that from what they said to me on the phone.
Reply 2
Original post by Rakas21
Did you not apply for the grant already before June?

Go to your application, change the year of your course to 1, put in the tuition fee you will need (if its just a few modules then it will be less than the normal amount) and that should be that from what they said to me on the phone.

No I didn't apply during June for a grant.

I changed my application again, but do I have to submit evidence again?
Reply 3
Original post by Mr.AZ
No I didn't apply during June for a grant.

I changed my application again, but do I have to submit evidence again?

No evidence needed as far as i know.

Surely you did your finance for second year last spring otherwise how were you going to fund it (unless you did'nt need a grant).
Reply 4
Original post by Rakas21
No evidence needed as far as i know.

Surely you did your finance for second year last spring otherwise how were you going to fund it (unless you did'nt need a grant).

Yep, I have, good to know! Well I'll be sure to contact them anyway (just in case), otherwise I should be fine for now!
Reply 5
Original post by Mr.AZ
Yep, I have, good to know! Well I'll be sure to contact them anyway (just in case), otherwise I should be fine for now!

Well if you did it then, your grant entitlement should have already been made.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending