The Student Room Group

What The Hell Happened To Muse??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
yeah this was awful. surely they can only get better now, wtf can they do on their next album that could possibly make them worse? also like someone else said, it was full of plagiarisms, particularly throughout follow me, panic station and animals it was so embarrassing how obvious it was.

There's a difference between RIPPING OFF AN ARTIST and being INFLUENCED BY THEM. This was the former.
Original post by Kiss
x

I wholeheartedly agree with pretty much every single thing you said. To be honest, I no longer count muse as my favourite band anymore simply because I can't connect to their new material - the politics and supernatural/conspiracy references leave me cold. I know they have always had those sorts of undertones but the tracks on origin/absolution were epic enough to get away with it....some of their new stuff is frankly a bit embarrassing (eg, madness...and even their olympic song sounded like a parody of their former greatness).
Original post by glousck
yeah this was awful. surely they can only get better now, wtf can they do on their next album that could possibly make them worse? also like someone else said, it was full of plagiarisms, particularly throughout follow me, panic station and animals it was so embarrassing how obvious it was.

There's a difference between RIPPING OFF AN ARTIST and being INFLUENCED BY THEM. This was the former.

I'll humour you: What songs by what artists did they plagiarise?
Reply 43
Original post by RedDevilThing
I'll humour you: What songs by what artists did they plagiarise?

Basically; you don't think the album is full of any blatant copying of songs, you're asking me to name some, which you'll then deny? Can't be bothered, sorry.
Original post by glousck
Basically; you don't think the album is full of any blatant copying of songs, you're asking me to name some, which you'll then deny? Can't be bothered, sorry.

In that case I'll just assume that you have absolutely no way of justifying your claims.
Reply 45
Original post by RedDevilThing
In that case I'll just assume that you have absolutely no way of justifying your claims.

Madness, Animals, Panic Station are the three most obvious. But like I said, what's the point if you're just going to deny it?
Reply 46
Original post by glousck
Madness, Animals, Panic Station are the three most obvious. But like I said, what's the point if you're just going to deny it?

Who did they apparently copy?

Quick Reply

Latest