The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

I'm in a studio too :smile: I really want to go to the zoo and there are a few city tours and walks I quite like the look of. When're you moving in? :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 1021
Original post by thenumber2goose
I'm in a studio too :smile: I really want to go to the zoo and there are a few city tours and walks I quite like the look of. When're you moving in? :smile:

I moved in in Saturday but there doesn't seem to be lots if people around :/ I wanna go to the zoo too and city stuff also when r u moving in?
Reply 1022
Is anyone from Mansion James Craig Court going to the pleasance pub quiz tonight (8-midnight)? I don't want to have to walk home on my own!
Reply 1023
How hard do you think it is to find a replacement tenant for my accommodation?
Original post by bbplante
How hard do you think it is to find a replacement tenant for my accommodation?

Very. But you won't know unless you try. I suspect your best bet will be to bribe someone (i.e. if your rent is £120/week, you pay them a bribe of £20-£25/week). But obviously try finding someone willing to take it on at full price first.
Original post by nearlyheadlessian
Very. But you won't know unless you try. I suspect your best bet will be to bribe someone (i.e. if your rent is £120/week, you pay them a bribe of £20-£25/week). But obviously try finding someone willing to take it on at full price first.

I'd say that depends, really. We have one room in our flat that has gone through 3 different tenants as of now (In just about 2 months, mind you)... and last time a new person moved in there, we basically had a casting because there were so many people wanting to move in. Obviously, this completely anecdotal, and I agree she won't find out unless she tries, but from my experience, there's a decent chance.
Original post by ProgFeanor
I'd say that depends, really. We have one room in our flat that has gone through 3 different tenants as of now (In just about 2 months, mind you)... and last time a new person moved in there, we basically had a casting because there were so many people wanting to move in. Obviously, this completely anecdotal, and I agree she won't find out unless she tries, but from my experience, there's a decent chance.

I wouldn't pay the going rate for a room in Beaverbank - clearly the questioner doesn't want to either. But you're right, there may be someone out there who wants it.
That's all for this year folks. Join us over in the sticky thread for 2014/15 entry here.

Latest

Trending

Trending