The Student Room Group

Uni of York or Sussex

Both have an open day on the same day so I will probably not be able to go to both so I really need all the info I can get. :smile:

I will be applying for undergraduate psychology.

What is the campus like?
city feel?
teaching?
and reputation?

Thanks!
don't bother with uni full stop, have a rethink about your life and what you want. Your best bet is emigrate to another country tbh
Reply 2
I haven't been to either - but I've visited both.

They both have a good reputation, I'd probably say York > Sussex, but this will depend on what you want to study - check out league tables for your specific subject. Also check the differences between the courses to see which you'd prefer.

They are both campus universities. I'd say York feels bigger and more spacious. It's flatter (Sussex has some 'major' hills!) and in general has more green space - a lovely lake in the middle. Neither have the most beautiful buildings but I prefer Yorks. I didn't see the accommodation in Sussex but Yorks is really nice. I think York is collegiate, so that's a major difference.

Sorry can't give you much info on the cities. Although the obvious decision is whether you want to live 'op norf' or 'daaan saaaf'. York will be cheaper than Sussex (which is at Brighton). I'd say Brighton is more of a party down than York.
Reply 3
The course in York has good links with the chemistry department and a neuro-imaging clinic in York's Science park directly next to the university. The course is quite heavy on the science and statistics. I've seen people with BSCs from there go on straight to PHDs in neuroscience from Oxford and the US so it seems quite respected. Most people seemed to enjoy the course that I spoke to.

Know nothing about Sussex sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending