The Student Room Group

How many lecture hours a week do you have?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by dj1015
Maybe you shuold try it sometime then. Seen as your still trying to master the art of reading

BA Reading

Maybe you should start with mastering the art of spelling?
Reply 21
Original post by zaliack
Maybe you should start with mastering the art of spelling?

Ahhh that one, never heard that before.

Good job that some of us here have real degrees to do.
Reply 22
Original post by dj1015
Ahhh that one, never heard that before.

Good job that some of us here have real degrees to do.

Thanks for reminding me, I need to start studying tort law..

Oh yeah, have fun with your applied physics, Mr Wolowitz :colone:
2 hours of lectures (2 1-hour ones) and two 2-hour seminars, so 6 contact hours overall. :smile: I do History, so although there's a lot of non-contact time, it's filled with a lot of reading and essays and so on.
I've 34 total contact hours, just less than half are lectures.
Well i'm kinda glad i'm not the only one with <8 hours a week!

To those who say 'what are you paying for, for that little lectures', the answer is simple. You pay for the degree, not the hours you get to listen to a lecturer. Quite often, students from other degrees can easily go into other lectures. I often sit in some law ones :P

If i pay 3 grand a year for a degree with which I had 6 contact hours a week, it has the exact same value as if I had 20 contact hours a week. Assuming the degree is from the same Uni and same classification.
25-30 hours in lectures, plus time spent on projects, completing tutorials and lab reports, research etc.
Reply 27
6 hours of lectures normally up until Christmas, but on some weeks i have an extra few hours of lab/workshops. Seems so little compared to some of the replies on here :lolwut:

Oh and essays/reports/research in my own time of course...
(edited 11 years ago)
4 hours, all on a Monday. Also one of those hours is only fortnightly so some weeks I only have 3 hours. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by outlaw-torn
4 hours, all on a Monday. Also one of those hours is only fortnightly so some weeks I only have 3 hours. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

What degree and year if you dont mind me asking? Lol.
Original post by blush.ox
What degree and year if you dont mind me asking? Lol.

History and third year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
I'm studying History; in first and second year I had roughly 15 contact hours a week, this year I have 8.
Last year was roughly:

12 hours of lectures
6 hours of practicals
4 hours of supervisions

per week
I think that sounds sensible as your dissertation requires a lot of time and attention, but don't neglect your other modules :smile:

This year I've got 7 hours of lectures and 4 hours of seminars, which is more than I had last year; I used to have more seminars but the focus has changed to lectures this year for some reason.
1 lecture and 4 seminars per week. A whopping 7 contact hours :rolleyes:
2 hours of lectures, 2 hours of seminars :wink:

I'm in second year but my timetable for Spring term is definitely much fuller than this!!
Reply 36
I've not gone to uni yet, i was wondering if people could possibly put the course that they are doing? because obviously different subjects vary due to the nature of what is being taught. Thanks
Reply 37
Going into 1st year CompSci, and while I haven't had an official timetable yet, I've seen last years/provisional timetables for this year.

Lectures: 14hrs
Labs: 9hrs
Tutorial: 1hr

Some of those lectures become labs halfway through Sem1, and the only thing I have on a Wednesday is that tutor session.
Haven't gotten my timetable for this year but it's roughly the same as last years which was:

9 hours lectures
2/3 tutorials (depending on what week they were on)
& 12 hours labs.

Yeah we have a LOT of lab work haha.
Reply 39
Original post by d123
I'm studying History; in first and second year I had roughly 15 contact hours a week, this year I have 8.

That's loads for history!
Generally historians have about 3-4 hours max a week!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st year: 14-16 hours a week
2nd year: 7 hours a week
3rd year: 3-4 hours a week (but bare in mind I've got a massive research project I need to be doing!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending