The Student Room Group

Help- Didn't qualify for Student Finance England loans.

Rather snappy response after being told earlier in the day that my application hadn't been processed, but instead had simply been shifted to the EU department.

Born in Scotland, educated in South Africa now living in London with my step-mother who is here to get residency.

I didn't anticipate my application getting rejected as I have maintained strong links with the UK and have never been listed as an expatriate.

I enrolled at Kingston University earlier in the day, push comes to shove I won't have to 'worry' about not being able to pay the tuition fees (in between working, savings and parents assistance), but would much prefer to go through some form of reliable loan route. (or such)

Are there any other services/ companies that provide student loans for students studying in England? Any advice will be warmly appreciated...
It depends what you're studying.
Reply 2
Original post by leahlouise91
It depends what you're studying.

Business with Accounting at Kingston University. (3FT)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Are you studying a full time/ part time degree? i.e BSc, BA, LLB etc...
Reply 4
Original post by ff2f
Are you studying a full time/ part time degree? i.e BSc, BA, LLB etc...

Full time, 3 year course, BA (Hons) Business with Accounting (3FT)
Reply 5
That is really weird :s

Did they say that you are eligible for funding?
There's a grant for emergency money you can apply for at the uni, talk to the representatives at student finance.
Reply 7
Original post by ff2f
That is really weird :s

Did they say that you are eligible for funding?

Can I ask who you are referring to when you say 'they'?
(Thanks for the responses btw)

Original post by leahlouise91
There's a grant for emergency money you can apply for at the uni, talk to the representatives at student finance.

Thanks, will have a look see tomorrow
Reply 8
Original post by Seaton
Can I ask who you are referring to when you say 'they'?
(Thanks for the responses btw)

Student finance england...Did they say you are eligible before today?
Reply 9
Original post by ff2f
Student finance england...Did they say you are eligible before today?

No, other than the 'Your application has been received, you don't need to do anything further' e-mail I received, I have had no correspondence from them.

A relative of mine was eligible despite only spending 2 years in the UK and not even having a passport, honestly (wrongly) assumed I wouldn't have any trouble. :frown:
Just to add in that Kingston are charging me as 'Home Status'.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Is the Student Loans Company the parent organisation of Student Finance England, SAAS, etc...? Plenty of links from that site to those, but appears different?

Quick Reply

Latest