The Student Room Group

please help!!!

after nearly 10yrs being a mum and now 38 yrs old i like to go to medical school. originally come from china and am a uk resident, i have gcse equivalent qualification gain in china long time ago, do i need to re-sit gcse in uk again? also understand i need to have minimum 3yrs work experience but does volunteering at local primary school count? please advise! clock it ticking! i will do whatever its necessary. thank you
Reply 1
You need to check out university websites for entry requirements. Some will want a certain number of GCSEs at a certain grade so to apply there you might need to retake some if you don't already have them. Some are very hot on relevant work experience and will not consider applicants unless they have had a certain number of placements etc, no point applying to those ones unless you meet their criteria. Some universities will accept an Access to Medicine course and some have a foundation year so worth looking at those ones.

Medicine is extremely competitive and there are many people who will start on the path of gaining qualifications and getting work experience but never get to be a doctor. It will take time, commitment and money. Start by looking at the universities websites and finding out what you need in terms of qualifications and experience etc.

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending