The Student Room Group

Dodgy French Examiner

hey guys,

i'm doing french Alevel and i had to resit my unit 2 :s cos of a poor result last year n i resat n i thought it went really well bt wen i got my results it turned out i hadn't really improved which puzzled me quite a lot. Anyway, got a letter from the AQA board about a week ago saying that they would pay for my paper to be remarked along with some other papers from other schools. My teacher rang the board and someone let slip that it was a dodgy examiner who'd marked the papers wrong. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this????

lv em x
I probably did- got a U in one unit, I've never got a U before :eek:. Anyway, I'm getting it remarked, we'll see what happens :smile:
Argh thats no fun. I have my AQA unit 3 oral thing to look forward to in about a month! Scary stuff eh? I am the day after everybody else in my class though so I guess thats a good thing? But I have nooooo notes on anything :frown:
Stupid examiners, making you resit when it was their dodgy marking that was to blame in the first place :mad: I got a D in an AS history module last year, resat it in January and got an A and both of my teachers think it was dodgy marking, but I had it remarked and it didn't change and I didn't get a letter from Edexcel or anything, so who knows? I hope your mark goes up though :smile:
Reply 4
Well my French oral was internally assessed and my teacher afterwards congratulated me and said it was bound to be a grade A. Come August, I get my results through and find I got a C :confused: According to my teacher, people who should have gotten As and Bs got Cs and people who shouldn't really have achieved more than a D managed to get Bs.

Not impressed about resitting, means I have to dig out my research from last year and waste time memorising an old oral :rolleyes:
Speaking exams always have strange marking. I got 47/60 in my mock which was in February and then in May I got the equivalent of 40/60. I haven't experienced this myself but I expected to do a lot better in Spanish than in French but I got full marks in French and I couldn't understand it. My French teacher said it depends on the examiner and if they are really pushing you and what experience they have as well. I think they are looking for a high standard of fluency, which is hard when you have to learn all the figures etc.

Latest