The Student Room Group

Where to do English Language and Journalism Degree? Time is running out! :(

Hi

So I've decided I want to do English Language and Journalism degree. Luckily not a lot of places do it so that narrows down my choice but so far I have:

University of Chester -English Language and Journalism Combined BA Hons

UCLAN - English Language and Journalism BA hons

University of Liverpool - English and Communication Studies BA (Joint Hons)

But I need 2 more choices and I'm so stuck!
I got A A C D in my AS (A in English Language)
I also live in Liverpool so the choices I have so far are really close to home so I wouldn't mind having the other two choices further away.

I also would like somewhere with decent accomodation and pratical work experience opportunities if that isn't too much to ask!

Thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 1
If you're so stuck, you can just submit with 3 choices; nowhere does it say you have to use all 5 of your choice options.
Be careful about doing too narrow a degree. The degree subject(s) of English and Communication Studies will be more use to you in the long run - doing 'journalism' at degree level doesnt guarentee you a job in the industry (and has a slightly 'Mickey Mouse' reputation) and a general Communications element will be more use career-wise if the journo career doesnt work out - or you simply change you mind/career aims during your degree.

Other suggestions for Eng/Comunications type combinations would be Swansea or Portsmouth or Communication/Media at Leeds.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
UWE Bristol has English and Journalism .

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending