The Student Room Group

Funding for disabled students in further education?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by balotelli12
I got £200 a year for paper, printing and library support.
you need to rethink your know all stance, you are in danger of misleading people.

er, DLA is disability living allowance. That's money given to disabled people to help with care and /or mobility needs. There is NO funding for disabled students in further education.

You're the one misleading people.
Reply 21
Lets keep site of the question. As OUStudnet says the OP is querying support in Further Education where DSA- Disabled Students Allowance is not accessible unless the OP is studying a HE level course at that location. DLA is Disability Living Allowance and is a separate stream of support not related to support study.

DSA General Allowance can be used to fund coloured paper, if it is recommended in your report. Until now the amount shown in your DSA report is the full amount of the paper, but as of last week SFE seem to be deducting the cost of standard white as all students would be expected to purchase paper for study purposes.
Reply 22
I am getting nowhere. I've had another meeting and my social worker came. I was told (with no good reason) that I can't get the help I need.

She also claimed I don't have Autism and that my issues are just self esteem and confidence. That doesn't explain most of the issues I have.

So, it looks like I won't be attending then. Can't be bothered dealing with so-called disability support people who question a diagnosis with no actual evidence to back up their claim.

Quick Reply

Latest