The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
White_redrose
^^^saying it's not worth applying if you don't have 8 or 9 A*s is perhaps a little ott: people do get in with 6/7, after all.

I'm sure they do but I got a letter from Durham back saying that 7 wasn't enough but maybe they didn't like my P.S. as well or something. It's a bit of a lottery with Durham but they do have a v. good history dept.
chrissy909
I'm sure they do but I got a letter from Durham back saying that 7 wasn't enough but maybe they didn't like my P.S. as well or something. It's a bit of a lottery with Durham but they do have a v. good history dept.

Oh right, I see. Well, that's fair enough, and I totally see your point, I'm just saying be careful not to warn off all 6/7A*-ers prematurely. :smile:
^^^ and they definitely do have a great dept, as you say. Where are you at/planning to go to chrissy?
Reply 23
Yeah apparently they get 2,000 applicants for 130 places! Durham is for good reason really popular for History.
It's a long and complicated saga, but hopefully (plz let me get an offer) UCL this year or I'm re-applying cause for medical reasons I can't leave London and go to York, my original choice. I'd wholeheartedly recommend York for History, it's a rli gr8 dept.
chrissy909
Yeah apparently they get 2,000 applicants for 130 places! Durham is for good reason really popular for History.
It's a long and complicated saga, but hopefully (plz let me get an offer) UCL this year or I'm re-applying cause for medical reasons I can't leave London and go to York, my original choice. I'd wholeheartedly recommend York for History, it's a rli gr8 dept.

I'm sorry that means you can't go to your original choice this time round, maybe in the future you'll be able to go back there, for an MA or something similar, I know they are just as highly rated for postgrad as they are for undergrad history. I hope it all works out for you with the UCL offer this year then, a sure it will, since like York it has a fab dept :smile:
Reply 25
White_redrose
I'm sorry that means you can't go to your original choice this time round, maybe in the future you'll be able to go back there, for an MA or something similar, I know they are just as highly rated for postgrad as they are for undergrad history. I hope it all works out for you with the UCL offer this year then, a sure it will, since like York it has a fab dept :smile:

Cheers!

Latest

Trending

Trending