The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Abraham
I can't do it without music. I NEED the music to revise/study.

I warn you in advance, if rock/punk (especially older rock), isn't your proverbial cup of tea, don't waste your time by reading my post.

My collection is extensive (2.7k songs). But here's a general lineup:

ACDC
Aerosmith
Bon Jovi
Chicago
Chuck Berry
The Darkness
The Eagles
Foo Fighters
Guns n' Roses
Hammerfall
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Jethro Tull
Kansas
Led Zeppelin
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Meatloaf
Nirvana
Neil Young
Opeth
Pantera
Queen
R.E.M
Radiohead
The Red Hot Chilli Peppers
The Scorpions
Skid row
Simon and Garfunkel
Slash's Snakepit
Ted Nugent
U2
Van Halen
Whitesnake
White Stripes
Yellowcard
Yngwie Malmsteen
Zakk Wylde

This is what I could name off the top of my head. Contact me if you want a full list of songs/bands etc.

WHHHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: ROCK DUDE!!!!! :biggrin:
slsl
happens to me too. music with lyrics is not good to study its too distracting for me too

yeah I never listern to music with lyrics when I'm revision,- you get keywords muddled up with the song lyrics lol .... nah seriously calming, orchestrial, melodic music is the best for me, not heavy mental rock music :mad:

bieng a former clarinetist. :cool:
Yup music with lyrics is a big nono trust me ive tried it and as soon as it goes onto a really good song i stop working and start singing along its really annoying.

THe only subject where this isnt a problem is maths (for me anyway) because i dont need to consciously think to do it. Every other subject however I cannot do at all so.....

O yea and u missed out: HIM, Evanescence, Nickelback, Forgive Durden,Metallica,
Reply 43
Hmm I don't know. I used to think I needed silence for revision, but now I'm able to have music on quite loudly without distraction. I just put my ipod on shuffle and get some variety... but I always use speakers; having music directly into your ears really is distracting. At the moment I'm loving Franz Ferdinand and Snow Patrol. And a bit of Placebo (in other words a whole mixture!) And Frou Frou was amazingly good for learning the Aeneid to...
Reply 44
i tend to listen to slow tunes, they make the revsion time go faster... dont ask

jon B - stronger everyday album <<< this is the ultimate revision music
Pretty Ricky - Bluestars
chris brown - chris brown
Neyo - in my own words
Sean paul - the trinity <<<gets me in the mood to work

once i get started revising i dont even hear the music.. i find getting a few slow albums i havent heard that much are best cos im not singing along.
Reply 45
I personally like to listen to jazz/piano radio:

http://solopianoradio.com/
http://www.jazzfm.com/
Reply 46
While revising I have been listening to:

The Postal Service
Iron and Wine
Sufjan Stevens
The Shins
The Weakerthans
Get cape wear cape fly

I don't have it too loud because otherwise I pay too much attention to the music, but I find I need something to drown out background, especially if I'm revising in the library at College and loads of people are talking.
...........>
jackal_451
i tend to listen to slow tunes, they make the revsion time go faster... dont ask

jon B - stronger everyday album <<< this is the ultimate revision music
Pretty Ricky - Bluestars
chris brown - chris brown
Neyo - in my own words
Sean paul - the trinity <<<gets me in the mood to work

once i get started revising i dont even hear the music.. i find getting a few slow albums i havent heard that much are best cos im not singing along.

yeh no wot u mean totally
Classical music is probably the best as it is generally quite relaxing and is fine as background music. But if you don't like that sort of stuff then it's probably r'n'b or something else that's quite slow.
Definitely not loud, fast music, like heavy metal/rock!
:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending