The Student Room Group

That feel when you finally find yourself cereal-wise

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
God please correct the title of the thread. It's starting to drive me nuts in my news feed:blushing::blushing:

Lol it's supposed to say that. No corrections are planned.
Original post by zz_
Lol it's supposed to say that. No corrections are planned.

:nopity::nopity::nooo::nooo::nooo:
Original post by zz_
I might be interpreting this wrongly but are you saying people have >100g of cereal for breakfast?

Because the box is 350g and it looks like it'll last me around 10 bowls

10 bowls?! I can hardly get 4 bowls from a 375g standard small box! Out of curiosity I will weigh my cereal at my next bowl (which may be in the next hour!) and see what my average size bowl is but a 350/375g box could never last me 10 bowls!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 63
Original post by GossipGirl86
10 bowls?! I can hardly get 4 bowls from a 375g standard small box! Out of curiosity I will weigh my cereal at my next bowl (which may be in the next hour!) and see what my average size bowl is but a 350/375g box could never last me 10 bowls!

375g small box?? What cereal are we talking here?

I've definitely read on one of the Kellogg's boxes before that they give the GDAs based on a 30g serving, so I can't be far off what the company expects me to have..

Just to be completely sure... you aren't a giant are you?
Original post by zz_
375g small box?? What cereal are we talking here?

I've definitely read on one of the Kellogg's boxes before that they give the GDAs based on a 30g serving, so I can't be far off what the company expects me to have..

Just to be completely sure... you aren't a giant are you?

Lol well I'm a 5'9 girl but not a giant apart from that! You are right in that the company's do put 30g on the box but that's hardly anything!

I'm thinking of, say a box of cinnamon graham's. That's like the smallest box you can get for regular kids cereal, I actually feel a bit hungry now so let me go weigh my cereal :smile:

Reply 65
See my sig. I sometimes alternate and go back to the ordinary shaped ones but that way it tastes so much better when you eventually return to the diamond shaped variety.
I really hope these pics work I've never attached an image on TSR before!

Ok so if they work this is an 800g box of coco pops next to a 500g box of sultana bran. I know we were talking about 350/375g but I had no smaller boxes! But the sultana bran is just a heavier cereal and the box of this size generally holds a 375g bag of kids cereal

Cereal Boxes.jpg

Here is a 30g as you can see on my scales, do you seriously only eat this amount at breakfast?! You must be a stick if you do!

30g.jpg

And this is my kinda bowl :biggrin: (I'm seriously gonna be SO embarrassed if I'm the only big fat piggy who eats this much cereal!!)

80g.jpg
Reply 67
The 30g looks tiny in that pic, I'm gonna weigh it up before I eat tomorrow. It definitely won't be as much as 80g though because I don't go through 2 boxes a week lol, plus too much cereal and it goes soggy towards the end which is never good
Reply 68
I really hope these pics work I've never attached an image on TSR before!

Ok so if they work this is an 800g box of coco pops next to a 500g box of sultana bran. I know we were talking about 350/375g but I had no smaller boxes! But the sultana bran is just a heavier cereal and the box of this size generally holds a 375g bag of kids cereal

Cereal Boxes.jpg

Here is a 30g as you can see on my scales, do you seriously only eat this amount at breakfast?! You must be a stick if you do!

30g.jpg

And this is my kinda bowl :biggrin: (I'm seriously gonna be SO embarrassed if I'm the only big fat piggy who eats this much cereal!!)

80g.jpg

you're not alone
Original post by zz_
I might be interpreting this wrongly but are you saying people have >100g of cereal for breakfast?

Because the box is 350g and it looks like it'll last me around 10 bowls

Most people I know have a lot more than the recommended portions when it comes to Kelloggs products. You might be different, but it still doesn't make it healthy

Weetabix, Shredded Wheat, Muesli, Porridge (Especially porridge) fills you up on far less of the stuff and Im guessing because of their low GI

EDIT: For a Daily Mail story, it's surprisingly accurate:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2107361/Sugary-breakfast-cereals-1-Britains-leading-consumer-experts-reveals-shocking-truth.html
(edited 11 years ago)

80g.jpg

I eat about the same when it comes to Kelloggs products, though I reckon I'd still stay away from any "healthy" products Kelloggs comes out with. Their line seems to be reduce the fat, increase the sugar heftily. In 83g of the cereal, you're taking in 285.52 calories (which I suppose isn't *too* bad) 24.9g of sugar and 55.61g of carbs

If you like the cereal, then go for it, but they're not the healthy stuff. I only say this because it says "Bran Flakes Sultana Bran" essentially conning consumers in thinking it's healthy

Oh and here's mine. Why oh why wasn't I fed this as a kid?

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by scherzi

Has anyone tried this? I don't normally eat cereal, but I'd have this if only to make me laugh and make early mornings more bearable. Unfortunately I think the UK boxes lack the gorilla

The existence of this cereal really rustled my jimmies.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 72
x

Only just realised.. the weight of the bowl is included in those pics
Original post by de_monies
I eat about the same when it comes to Kelloggs products, though I reckon I'd still stay away from any "healthy" products Kelloggs comes out with. Their line seems to be reduce the fat, increase the sugar heftily. In 83g of the cereal, you're taking in 285.52 calories (which I suppose isn't *too* bad) 24.9g of sugar and 55.61g of carbs

If you like the cereal, then go for it, but they're not the healthy stuff. I only say this because it says "Bran Flakes Sultana Bran" essentially conning consumers in thinking it's healthy

Oh and here's mine. Why oh why wasn't I fed this as a kid?

ooooh good choice! u tried it with salt? it's lovely! when i cba'd am gonna do smoked bacon (in the oven) with it for the full treatment:biggrin:
Crunchy nut clusters ... mmmm
Original post by ashtoreth
ooooh good choice! u tried it with salt? it's lovely! when i cba'd am gonna do smoked bacon (in the oven) with it for the full treatment:biggrin:

I dont particularly like salt, so I leave it out of pretty much every thing I make. I have it plain, with milk
kwakies.jpg

They used to sell these at Aldi, but now they've stopped producing them and I've not found any cereal yet that comes even close :cry2:
Reply 77
ite I just weighed my cereal before breakfast and it was like 40g. dunno what kinda bowls the 80g reppers in this thread have but my bowl def wouldn't have taken 80g + milk without overflowing
Original post by zz_
ite I just weighed my cereal before breakfast and it was like 40g. dunno what kinda bowls the 80g reppers in this thread have but my bowl def wouldn't have taken 80g + milk without overflowing

Then your bowl isn't big enough!! But if that's all you eat, fair enough but I can imagine you'll be hungry like an hour or two at most after that, I'm so pleased I made at least one other person weigh their bowl!

Reply 79
I first had coco pops when I was like five and I have had them practically every morning since.
I am eighteen and I have no regrets :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest